Best Amp for a Friedman mod?

You can look in the Friedman forum for threads, but generally speaking Dave has said late 70's JMP's are the best, but early 70's JMP's and early 80's JCM800's are good too.

I have a 78 50 watt JMP and a 71 100w superlead. Dave has said that the 100 watt '71 Superlead would be the better choice of the two.

If you're looking for a more available amp to mod, I'd suggest finding a '93 superlead reissue.

I noticed dave is pretty quick on answering posts. too. Daves a good dude. I remember the very first amp shootout thing at lugos studio, he came an introduced himself to me instead of being that stereotypical LA ass, he went out of his way to make me feel welcome when I was the new dude. :thumbsup:

You know a 78 100 watt jmp is really good. Right in the middle of old and new. But any mentioned above are cool. Oh thanks for nice words Jerry.

Wow, really? This is a first. "I'm flexible on the amp, I just want the mod."

Maybe Dave can throw in a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups and a Trailer Trash board with it. Then you'll be a full-fledged RT'er.

This place. :no:

Not sure what you mean?
MississippiMetal":1ualt530 said:
Wow, really? This is a first. "I'm flexible on the amp, I just want the mod."

Maybe Dave can throw in a set of Suhr Aldrich pickups and a Trailer Trash board with it. Then you'll be a full-fledged RT'er.

This place. :no:

No worries. .I have those too. Maybe I stated it wrong. I know they do mods on a variety of amps. I was trying to ask what Marshall that was a little more reasonable on the used market would sound good with a HBE mod.

This is why I love this forum. Guy posts something sarcastic/a slight attack, nobody flames him, he apologizes, and all is forgiven. We all have those days.

(to stay on topic though:) although we all have those days, anyday with a Friedman modded Marshall is a good day :thumbsup:

The Hoff":22kwshuf said:
This is why I love this forum. Guy posts something sarcastic/a slight attack, nobody flames him, he apologizes, and all is forgiven. We all have those days.

(to stay on topic though:) although we all have those days, anyday with a Friedman modded Marshall is a good day :thumbsup:
Yeah you got that right! :thumbsup:
Checked out all the other forums around and this place RULES!!!! :rock:

Indeed, this is the place to be.

With the anonymity of the Internet people tend to feel like "big tough guys." Many of whom wouldn't have anywhere near the same confidence in person. Instead, people on RT tend to be cool with one another and live by the golden rule, "try not to be a douche in life."

The Hoff":20d0q6n5 said:
Indeed, this is the place to be.

With the anonymity of the Internet people tend to feel like "big tough guys." Many of whom wouldn't have anywhere near the same confidence in person. Instead, people on RT tend to be cool with one another and live by the golden rule, "try not to be a douche in life."
Yup......we are all in the same boat....
all rowing in the same direction...."guitar goodness"..... :LOL: :LOL:

RACKSYSTEMS":2ttdr38t said:
You know a 78 100 watt jmp is really good. Right in the middle of old and new. But any mentioned above are cool. Oh thanks for nice words Jerry.
100_0641.jpg

78' JMP.............thanks Dave, best i've ever had. :thumbsup:

Back