Best Friedman

Interesting. Did we talk the other day about naylor ?
We did I think in another thread. Of course if you can it's always better to try these things out for yourself if possible, but these things can be hard to come by, so just trying to save others the time and money I had to do. Learn from my mistakes lol. They can sound really good, but hear other stuff directly compared and then can be another story like when I had my Butterlsax at the same time as several Cameron modded Marshall's and my Wizard MTL. Result: it got outclassed and rendered obsolete. Owned a Phil X and had also a CCV and Cameron modded Marshall's. Result: also got outclassed, obsolete and sold. Then Cameron modded Marshall's got sold from a combo of the Blueface and Purpleface and other stuff. Goes and on and on and have what I have now

Last edited:
We did in another thread. Of course if you can it's always better to try these things out for yourself if possible, but these things can be hard to come, so just trying to save others the time and money I had to do. Learn from my mistakes lol. They can sound really good, but hear other stuff directly compared and then can be another story like when I had my Butterlsax at the same time and several Cameron modded Marshall's and my Wizard MTL. Result: it got outclassed. Owned a Phil X and had also a CCV and Cameron modded Marshall's. Result: got outclassed and sold. Then Cameron modded Marshall's got sold from a combo of the Blueface and Purpleface and other stuff. Goes and on and on and have what I have now
I’m definitely interested in one . Which model would hang great with amps I have

For high gain I love my Slax... For lower gain stuff I love my Dirty Shirley. Also the Slax channel 1 can get almost DS40 ish, just a little less phat sounding.

For high gain I love my Slax... For lower gain stuff I love my Dirty Shirley. Also the Slax channel 1 can get almost DS40 ish, just a little less phat sounding.
I’m curious, have you compared your slax with your Uber Rev 2? Your Uber clip sounded great btw!

I’m curious, have you compared your slax with your Uber Rev 2? Your Uber clip sounded great btw!
Not yet, got a new job and I'm not playing as much as I use to.. which sucks lol. I've been meaning to do just that. I can say I do like the Uber thru the PS100 best, I feel like I can fine tune it just a little more with the PS100's presence and depth. Ever since I got that PS100 I stopped using an eq in the loop.

Not yet, got a new job and I'm not playing as much as I use to.. which sucks lol. I've been meaning to do just that. I can say I do like the Uber thru the PS100 best, I feel like I can fine tune it just a little more with the PS100's presence and depth. Ever since I got that PS100 I stopped using an eq in the loop.
Would be curious what you think. My Uber Rev 1 does require weird settings to sound its best that are opposite to what I normally do like setting the presence and mids quite low and the treble high. Also, gotta have the global MV knob up very high, but I’m sure you know these things already

I have 13 amp heads . No Friedman. I think of getting Buttetslax or JJ . I have a wizard and diezels and Bogner Uberschall. I’ll never get to try one in person so I got to decide blind
I feel your pain , that’s been my world forever, nothing for at least 300 miles that would carry any of the major high gain brands.

I feel your pain , that’s been my world forever, nothing for at least 300 miles that would carry any of the major high gain brands.
Ya fr I get it . I bought a wizard from clips but I have not seen a Friedman clip thst made me got to have . Probably because I have the wizard

Ya fr I get it . I bought a wizard from clips but I have not seen a Friedman clip thst made me got to have . Probably because I have the wizard
Haha, same boat. I actually had a Pink Taco that I just sold, couldn’t bond with it. My GAS tells me I want a Friedman but no clip or video has really sold me on taking plunge again.

Haha, same boat. I actually had a Pink Taco that I just sold, couldn’t bond with it. My GAS tells me I want a Friedman but no clip or video has really sold me on taking plunge again.
I think Blake has great Friedman clips I just feel I’ll be back at wizard . It’s my go to super Marshall

Is the butterslax based on something? Or what would it be closest compared to?

I am pretty sure its an original circuit by dave friedman, I don't know the details though. I would imagine its a BE or HBE or JJ style preamp with a bunch of tweaks.

Back