Blackstar HT Club 50 MKII Review/demo

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

I had never tried a Blackstar amp but I did see them around often. People kept telling me to try one so I figured I'd go ahead and finally do that! So now I have the HT Club 50 MKII in the studio. I wasn't sure what sort of tones to expect. Would it sound Marshall-y or Mesa-y? I guess these answer is: somehwere in between :)

The amp looks cool and the construction seems very solid overall. I'm not the biggest fan of the logo but it looks cool albeit slightly 'utalitarian'. The clean channel sounds really nice with it's 2 voicings. So quite versatile. The second vocing has enough gain for a nice mild drive ala vox and the first voicing sounds Fender-y. The reverb is a very nice addition to this channel too and cool that you can choose between 2 different voicings (room or plate).

The overdrive channel is thick and balanced, very cool overall! The first voicing sounds the most organic to me, warm, fuzzy and kind of loose in a good way! Sort of Marshall-y but with less bite, perhaps a bit more towards something like a Soldano or something. The second mode has more of a boosted tone and is great for metal. A touch spikey at around 2.8k but definitely a tight and 'gnarly' sounding mode!

So it's an amp that can do a lot and it does those things well! I made a little demo/review to showcase some tones and features:

Anyone else here have a Blackstar? I feel like I'm VERY late to the party haha!

Hey Jon, spot-on assessment. They are a great bang for your buck. I have played amps at double the price that did not suit my tastes any better.

Fyi, the MKII is a nice improvement in overall sound quality vs the origional series.

Back