Bogner Helios the quest !!

Kidkramer71

So I sold my rev blue today to another rig talker.
I have an a 101b and love it .
Heard the Helios and wanted one !!

Tonight I pulled the trigger on a Helios .

I hope I like it as much as the clips I've heard ?
It sounds more raw to my ears !
:rock:
Will know in a few days ?

Helios owners ,
Are you satisfied ?

I prefer the Helios to the many Ecstasy's I've owned. The Helios is a little more raw and punchy and stays together at high volumes where the XTC starts to flub out and doesn't really cut in the mix to my ears. The only thing I miss about the Ecstasy is the Plexi mode on the Red channel. Also, I was always tweaking the Ecstasy's switches and knobs.....Helios takes some time to get the tones with various switches and settings but it's more basic and simpler. I like the Helios so much that I now have two of them..... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input !!
You have 2 wow !!!
I want to run the Helios and ecstasy together using my effects and an aby .

I sold the Helios for 2 reasons: couldn't get a clean/dirty balance I liked, and didn't like the way the power amp was set up. JTM30 mode was close.

However, the sound the amp is capable of is FANTASTIC.

Rdodson":1lc0qc40 said:
I sold the Helios for 2 reasons: couldn't get a clean/dirty balance I liked, and didn't like the way the power amp was set up. JTM30 mode was close.

However, the sound the amp is capable of is FANTASTIC.

Do you still own an Ecstacy ?

UberschallEL34":1aygnz6v said:
I'm liking mine so far - it has a clean channel? :D
It has a clean !! Lol
Well I'm guessing that was in reference to the Uberschall ?
That was part I hated was the volume difference !!
To me it made it less useful .
Although imho the Uberschall gain was brutal and kicked butt !!
Plus you could clean it up with the guitar volume , but that's not how I play .
I'd rather switch channels

I haven't spent 30 seconds on the clean channel of the Helios. You can roll back on the volume knob on your guitar for clean, and depending in which input your in it ain't half bad. The Plexi input on either channel is clean enough for me. The dirty side of the Plexi input is really good.

Helios owner here. Had it since May of 2014 and like it more and more all the time. Great amp. I also have a great 2004 Ecstasy which I love but the Helios does stuff the Ecstasy can't and vice versa but I like the Helios better than any Ecstasy I have owned which runs the gamut of them. I do love running the Ecstasy and Helios in stereo. What a tone!!!

These are the cabs from the Hendrix sig stacks that were released and the speakers are G12C's that came stock except in the large bottom cab I swapped out the bottom pair for some V30s just for a different flavor.

Well I got the Helios yesterday .
So I played with it now a few hours .
My conclusion :
1. Best sounding amp for 80's I've ever heard !!!
2. It is all I hoped and more !!
3. I'm very satisfied !!
4. Does an excellent brown sound !!!

I have not even tried effects yet .
As for me my quest for this tone is done !!!
Now time to practice !!!

Kidkramer71":1x7uqw28 said:
Well I got the Helios yesterday .
So I played with it now a few hours .
My conclusion :
1. Best sounding amp for 80's I've ever heard !!!
2. It is all I hoped and more !!
3. I'm very satisfied !!
4. Does an excellent brown sound !!!

I have not even tried effects yet .
As for me my quest for this tone is done !!!
Now time to practice !!!

How are the mids on this amp? I've owned a couple different "modded Marshall" amps that didn't impress me because the midrange was scooped a little or shifted to a different frequency away from that classic Marshall grind.

I don't have a vintage Marshall to compare ?
To me if feels very vintage has a bottom boost on back that gives it more bottom .
I always here people use the term scooped miss not sure exactly what that describes ?
To me if you like early def leopard, van halen , ratt , dokken , ac dc it nails it !!!
Will do blues and others as well .

You can tell its a Bogner, but it is more gritty or raw sounded less refined , but very clear !!
Has really nice sustain !!
Has a 70 or 80's mode switch .
80's has a bit more hair but looses a little volume , 70's still sounds amazing !!
I truly believe if you want 80's rock / hard rock the Helios is that amp !!
IMHO
Jim

Back