Bogner Telos?

Who's got the scoop?
:rock:
14448987_1270870046278084_3964067258688395595_n.jpg

The Telos gives more than a nod to the original Bogner Caveman which was a great sounding amp as long as metal is not your thing. I doubt the Telos will have the lightbulb but hope it captures the mojo of the Caveman.

RockyStar":3byhbirp said:
Even more confusing when all the speculation is swirling and nobody knows what it is or sounds like.

It is basically a reincarnation of the original Caveman. I owned 2 of them and I know very well how they sound. Goes from bassman to jtm 45 type tones by virtue of the 6 position schizo switch. This is not speculation nor confusing to me. just some basic info. :yes:

Jdub":10gp4jvs said:
RockyStar":10gp4jvs said:
Even more confusing when all the speculation is swirling and nobody knows what it is or sounds like.

It is basically a reincarnation of the original Caveman. I owned 2 of them and I know very well how they sound. Goes from bassman to jtm 45 type tones by virtue of the 6 position schizo switch. This is not speculation nor confusing to me. just some basic info. :yes:

Great! So you know what the Caveman's sound like. The Telos is an "evolution" of the Caveman in the Helios family so it could sound like any number of things in those families (Bassman, JTM 45, High Gain Singing Blues and Rock Tones) really. Familiar? Yes....but until we hear it we don't know what the Telos will sound like. :thumbsup: :yes:

RockyStar":zkwyyklt said:
Jdub":zkwyyklt said:
RockyStar":zkwyyklt said:

Great! So you know what the Caveman's sound like. The Telos is an "evolution" of the Caveman in the Helios family so it could sound like any number of things in those families (Bassman, JTM 45, High Gain Singing Blues and Rock Tones) really. Familiar? Yes....but until we hear it we don't know what the Telos will sound like. :thumbsup: :yes:
Your welcome

I think that sounds cool as hell. Little loose and ratty but has a lot of personality. Don't most of us already have multiple amps the can do the chug a chug thing?

Oh man! What fucking great tones!!! I'm really digging what I've heard so far. It's got some raunch, but that lead tone is freaking unbelievable. The cleans were superb, the crunch tone was great, but the lead tone was my favorite sound of the demo. Reminds me a little of the 6L6 XTC 20th, which I like better than the EL34 version, but of course a different sound.

I love how Bogner really tweaks his amps around the power tubes (XTC 20th 6L6, Duende 6V6, Barcelona 6CA7, Atma EL84, Twin JetKT88...). The Telos seems to really embrace the qualities of 6L6's. Though I generally prefer EL34's, there are some amps like the XTC 20th which I like over any EL34 amp. That Telos lead tone kills.

1 channel, but in my experience with the Helios, I've learned that Bogner simplicity is deceptively versatile. I used to have a Bogner Metopolis and a Barcelona, so I have an idea how flexible the Telos is going to be. Pretty damned awesome, but it will be even more awesome if it's $1999 or less.

sahlomonic":2j28hc53 said:
Telos is a greek word for "Ultimate", so we'll see what it is when it gets released . . .

Ultimate is one translation, but in Koine it really means "end" or "goal". So it does mean ultimate in the sense of "none more".

<Bible Greek nerd mode off>

Ron

Back