Boom! Geoff Tate gets fucked.

rupe

Good!!! Just saw Queensryche two days ago at M3, and saw them 2 years (again at M3) in Tate's second to last gig with them...it was night and day. The band sounds 1000% better with La Torre at the helm...they played a lot of old material and he absolutely crushed all of it. Tate had become a complete detriment to the band not only vocally but also from a creative and management perspective.

Score one for the good guys :thumbsup:

carlygtr":26bede3k said:
What a shit band. Thankfully I never listened to them.
:LOL: :LOL: How do you really feel Carl?

I use to love QR back in the day. Not quite the same without Degarmo though. Tate has really become quite a dick in the last 3-4 years and the quality of the last few QR albums with him at the helm, was getting really bad. The lastest album with Todd is quite good. I support the guys going forward with their old school vibe intact. Ill never support anything TAINT is involved in again.

Looks like they'll split even 25% each
If it's the same things with fans, QR just lost 250 of them to Tate and are left with 750

carlygtr":319ouxkg said:
Really? :confused:

To each his own, but I thought the original line-up was absolutely fantastic back in the day. The later releases were less interesting and the recent, constant bickering have me caring very little at this point, but during their peak, they were anything but a "shit" band.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.

carlygtr":eehpixjt said:
And just how do you qualify that statement? I can see not liking them, but how are they a "shit band"?

well, Tate is not really "fucked" acdording to the settlement. He got a good chunk of change plus exclusive rights to Mindcrime. I'm glad it's settled and Queensryche can move on, their new singer sounds great.

IndyWS6":27vvn8pp said:
carlygtr":27vvn8pp said:
Really? :confused:
To each his own, but I thought the original line-up was absolutely fantastic back in the day. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

I am in agreement here.
The original band was nothing short of amazing and things began to tweak when DeGarmo left.

Glad the "new" QR is doing well. Hope to get the opportunity to hear them soon.

tumblr_mad7h6yZNA1rpb80d.gif

Mudder":28sqfga1 said:
carlygtr":28sqfga1 said:
You're dumb and your act is tired.

Everybody can't like everything, Wally. Couldn't get past the vocals, but if you pull your pants down to Queenscak, great

carlygtr":3cg51pc6 said:
No surprise coming from a guy that is trying to be Jimi or Trower.

Way to be original :thumbsup:

Not to hi-jack the thread or anything but. . . . Anyone else notice how close minded A LOT of the Jimi worshipers are?

Pretty ironic seeing how Jimi was such a open minded soul.

Anyway, rant over carry on other than Carly.

BTW: Glad to see Geoff Tate eating a big spoon full of justice. What a Douche.

Well he does have his own wine, rides a motorcycle, and lives life on the edge of danger and adventure. I don't know how any human could live such an exciting lifestyle.

:LOL: :LOL:

carlygtr":3o8tgzxj said:
Obviously, you never did :LOL: :LOL: Nothing like talking about something you've never listened to :no:

tripstan":2i5zrpf9 said:
carlygtr":2i5zrpf9 said:
No surprise coming from a guy that is trying to be Jimi or Trower.

Way to be original :thumbsup:

Not to hi-jack the thread or anything but. . . . Anyone else notice how close minded A LOT of the Jimi worshipers are?

Pretty ironic seeing how Jimi was such a open minded soul.

Anyway, rant over carry on other than Carly.

BTW: Glad to see Geoff Tate eating a big spoon full of justice. What a Douche.

Carly's a girl's name isn't it? Feminine form of Charles I believe...

Back