Bought my first vintage guitar

GuitarGuy08

TLDR; Bought a 1968 Fender Mustang. 1st vintage guitar. Hope to hold for many years and sell down the road.

IMG_20230421_213049365~2.jpg
Hey guys. Here is the story. This is very out of character for me but here goes:

I walked into the guitar shop I've been going to since I was 15 and used to teach in several years ago. I know the owner very well. I had my daughter yesterday and glanced this new guitar he had come in. I didn't get to look super close but saw 'all original 68'. I saw it was a Dakota red mustang.

I thought about it that evening and asked what price he could give me early this morning.

Got it for a price I feel satisfied with. Didn't really buy it to play at all but more of an investment to sell years down the road.

I NEVER make snap decisions like this but feel at peace so who knows.

Heavy reliced. Goes against everything I like about guitars but something is already pulling me to it. Life is weird like that!

Didn't come with a case when I thought it did but still happy with the price (about the same as a MIJ reissue).

Will upload pics later but yeah. Bought something within a day of seeing. Not at all the vintage guitar experience I thought I would have. Didn't think til recently I'd even be interested in a vintage guitar.

Last edited:
First off, pics as soon as you are able..... :love:

Secondly, sometimes with vintage stuff you have to act quickly, because if you think too long, someone else will beat you to the punch.

Trying to have a little prior knowledge about certain brands that interest you is always a plus, but if something just outright "speaks to you", it is hopefully a safe bet to act on it.

Congrats, and ENJOY IT........gold and silver are investments, but guitars need to be played as often as possible !!! (y)

Back