Calling The Mod Identity Squad

Just picked up another 1967 Bassman......Sounds great even with the original Mallory caps....three prong is done at least........question is what the heck is this mod??????? Any information is most helpful, Thank You........

Bill

There are amp builders and many here who claim to understand these circuits, I am calling out to the best and brightest here for any help at all.......I can't believe Rig-Talk is being stumped by this.......Appreciate any thoughts.......

Bill

It's got to be a line out or something off the preamp. It's taking the signal right after the mixing resistors from the normal and bass preamps, then a capacitor in line with the potentiometer wired up as a voltage divider into that jack...

billboogie":38slongf said:
I thought the same thing thing....I ran headphones through it and nothing..... :confused:

Looks like a mono plug not a stereo one. Might not work with your headphones.

EVHpickdust":2cinazk8 said:
billboogie":2cinazk8 said:
I thought the same thing thing....I ran headphones through it and nothing..... :confused:

Looks like a mono plug not a stereo one. Might not work with your headphones.

Should just go through one headphone at that point if it's a stereo plug on the headphones.

Thanks for the response guys.........I am going to remove the connection from the board.......Besides this afterthought it's stock.......Wasted tubes and all.......

Bill

billboogie":2s2a1w7t said:
There are amp builders and many here who claim to understand these circuits, I am calling out to the best and brightest here for any help at all.......I can't believe Rig-Talk is being stumped by this.......Appreciate any thoughts.......

Bill
The first response gave you the answer so I don't know about anyone being stumped. It's meant to be an adjustable preamp out. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. No mystery here...

Steve

It could be instrument level out. You wont hear it with headphones. If its not, its most likely a cigarette lighter.

sah5150":ikmt2hkz said:
billboogie":ikmt2hkz said:

Bill
The first response gave you the answer so I don't know about anyone being stumped. It's meant to be an adjustable preamp out. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. No mystery here...

Steve

Your right Steve, upon further review of that post I was showing some impatience there.......Didn't mean to come off that way......I have a lot of respect for this place as a learning tool, much appreciated as well......

Shandog":ikmt2hkz said:
It could be instrument level out. You wont hear it with headphones. If its not, its most likely a cigarette lighter.
Haha!!!! Yeah it's time to fix the cigarette lighter......Haha!!!!!

pull the headphone plug halfway out so one side makes the connection and you'll be able to tell, or should be, if it's a line out cause you'll hear sound/guitar when you play.

Back