Chugging out with a Strat

cardinal

Single coil chugga chugga!

One of my 7-string Strats + OD808 + 5150 + 1960AV. Just iPhone clips and typical poor playing.

Just realized neither clip actually uses the 7th string. And I badly need to mute the strings behind the nut.

We Die Young

Sad But True

i like the sound of it, but do me a favor, and play the same thing with the top 6 strings. I want to hear it with that lower tuning.
Thanks! I never touched the 7th string for these clips. Was only on the top strings, Low E to high E. Top clip was drop D. Bottom clip was in Standard.

ok. different perspectives. use the a string in a drop tuning, or the b string in a standard and play the same thing. then you are using the bass 7th string to play the 6 string songs.

The only time you run into a problem with this if you try to do a solo, then you have to tune the g to a f#
Yeah, I just add lower strings. So my 7s have a low B, and my 8s have a low F# and a low B. The top six strings always are just in Standard (or I'll drop the 6th for drop D); that way it's easier for me to keep consistency and not get lost

That's my only guitar:a Partscaster.
It has a blender-penis pot-thing.
For me, it's a frog's hair fine line
where single's add a 'spent edge'
to the mids/highs.
Guess it depends on if you're going
for the low-mid Strat thing or punchy
upper-mid growl.
I just like the NASTINESS of single coils.
Certain chords rule, F-sharp, etc.
I've been wresting with those 'testy bargain thoughts' over installing a JB Jr.in the bridge or those Billy Gibbons Red Devil's..,
jesus christ can a man get away from the heavy hand of gear acquisition syndrome??
-asking for a friend, btw-

That's my only guitar:a Partscaster.
It has a blender-penis pot-thing.
For me, it's a frog's hair fine line
where single's add a 'spent edge'
to the mids/highs.
Guess it depends on if you're going
for the low-mid Strat thing or punchy
upper-mid growl.
I just like the NASTINESS of single coils.
Certain chords rule, F-sharp, etc.
I've been wresting with those 'testy bargain thoughts' over installing a JB Jr.in the bridge or those Billy Gibbons Red Devil's..,
jesus christ can a man get away from the heavy hand of gear acquisition syndrome??
-asking for a friend, btw-
Strat with true single coils is a bit harder to work with, but I really like this sound. Had to attach the tone knob to the bridge pickup and roll it back to 8 to take off the edge.

And out of my amps (2204, Mark III, 5150, Recto), the Strat and the 2204 sounds magnificent for pure rock with the 5150/OD808 for metal (to me at least).

damn that strat is chugging!! what kind of strat and pickups? are those greenbacks in that cab?
It's a Japanese guitar with their in-house pickups. I think it's about 7.5k output, so it's overwound for a single coil but not outrageously hot.

Cab has '96 or so Marshall label V30s. I really like those speakers with pretty much everything.

Last edited:
It's a Japanese guitar with their in-house pickups. I think it's about 9.5k output, so it's overwound for a single coil but not outrageously hot.

Cab has '96 or so Marshall label V30s. I really like those speakers with pretty much everything.

yes i have one of those in a 4x12 i use for a lot of my clips, would like to have a full 4x12 with them one day

Back