Considering a Deliverance 60. Have a question...

guitarded_1

I'm considering a D60, but I'm curious how versatile it is. I'm not really a modern metal guy - more of a Hard rock or classic metal guy. I know that the D60 excels at heavy tones, but does it excel at other tones? Can it also do really great clean tones, edge of breakup, etc? Does it respond well to pick attack? I read where one person thought that it could get almost Hiwattish at times? Versatile rock amp or one trick metal machine?

I think the D60/120 is about as versatile as an amp can get. I actually bought mine from a country guy who only played it clean. It can cover a ton of ground in-between too though, with a combination of just your volume knob, and playing with the gain voicing and less/more modes.

That said, being a single channel, and the lack of a loop, could be deal breakers for some people. I don't use effects, so the loop was a non-issue for me. Second only to probably the SLO, the Deliverance is my favorite amp ever. Ironically, it probably gets closer to an SLO that anything else I've heard, which wasn't what it wanted it for, but was a very pleasant surprise.

xzacx":2d26724x said:
I think the D60/120 is about as versatile as an amp can get. I actually bought mine from a country guy who only played it clean. It can cover a ton of ground in-between too though, with a combination of just your volume knob, and playing with the gain voicing and less/more modes.

That said, being a single channel, and the lack of a loop, could be deal breakers for some people. I don't use effects, so the loop was a non-issue for me. Second only to probably the SLO, the Deliverance is my favorite amp ever. Ironically, it probably gets closer to an SLO that anything else I've heard, which wasn't what it wanted it for, but was a very pleasant surprise.

Loop is a non-issue for me. I have other channel switchers that I use live. I'm just looking for a really great sounding, versatile, single channel amp for recording. Thanks for the feedback.

guitarded_1":3i696c7q said:
I'm considering a D60, but I'm curious how versatile it is. I'm not really a modern metal guy - more of a Hard rock or classic metal guy. I know that the D60 excels at heavy tones, but does it excel at other tones? Can it also do really great clean tones, edge of breakup, etc? Does it respond well to pick attack? I read where one person thought that it could get almost Hiwattish at times? Versatile rock amp or one trick metal machine?
To me it's more of a vintage heavy if you know what I mean..that is, it has plenty of gain but it's all very clear and not oversaturated. The D60 is definitely the better choice for you than the 120, as that is more modern IMO. And as a previous poster said it can be very SLO like. If you get one you can have it modded for a footswitchable more/less switch, and there is NO other amp at least that I've played that even on the 'more' setting can clean up with the guitar volume. You can get almost crystal cleans by using just your guitar volume. The D60 is like a heavier modded Marshall or even an SLO at volume.
But no other high gain amp cleans up with just the guitar volume like the Deliverance IMO, and the clarity rivals anything out there.
For what they go for used, easily the best bang for the buck and it's not even close.

I would say it is capable of any style of music.
It is more hard rock than metal. It is more Hiwatt than Marshall. It very much reacts to pick attack and playing dynamics. I play a lot of funk, R&B it can completely cover clean and point of breakup. I play a lot of 60's / 70's material. It covers all of it. Some people that play modern metal feel it needs a overdrive or boost. These people seem to think most amps do.

I had d60 for several years. It can do any style of music with just a couple pedals. Chorus, echo and a od. The od is optional. I regret selling it sometimes

Mrhiwatt

stephen sawall":enfma3gg said:
Some people that play modern metal feel it needs a overdrive or boost. These people seem to think most amps do.

I fall into this category for sure. The only amp I've owned/played that requires no OD clean boosting for modern metal and for my taste is the Savage 120.

I've only owned my recently acquired D60 for a few days, but I agree with what has been said here that it will do most any style very well. This amp covers classic to modern metal perfectly, but seems to really nail hard/classic rock/bluesy stuff as well.

MetalHeadMike":t67auddz said:
stephen sawall":t67auddz said:
Some people that play modern metal feel it needs a overdrive or boost. These people seem to think most amps do.

I fall into this category for sure. The only amp I've owned/played that requires no OD clean boosting for modern metal and for my taste is the Savage 120.

I've only owned my recently acquired D60 for a few days, but I agree with what has been said here that it will do most any style very well. This amp covers classic to modern metal perfectly, but seems to really nail hard/classic rock/bluesy stuff as well.

I really been getting into OD and boost again lately. Last few week it's been distortion pedals set up like overdrive.
Just got back my D120 from a friend who has had it awhile. Plan on messing with the DOD Bone Shaker and Rat if we get a cooler day. Too hot to be running amps right now.

The Deliverance sounds amazing with TS9 and Klon type pedals. Fuzz... Hell yes.

stephen sawall":38r4stmp said:
MetalHeadMike":38r4stmp said:
stephen sawall":38r4stmp said:

I really been getting into OD and boost again lately. Last few week it's been distortion pedals set up like overdrive.
Just got back my D120 from a friend who has had it awhile. Plan on messing with the DOD Bone Shaker and Rat if we get a cooler day. Too hot to be running amps right now.

The Deliverance sounds amazing with TS9 and Klon type pedals. Fuzz... Hell yes.

Agreed :thumbsup: I've been clean boosting my newly acquired D60 with a TS9 and its phenomenal :rock: A fuzz huh? I've been wanting to grab a fuzz for my Germino, so I think when I free up some cash I'll finally grab one and give it a go on the D60 too.

Between the less/more switch and a boost it csn be super versatile. I liked boosting with a maxon on the less gain setting. Boost off for plexi kinda cruch, and roll back for cleans. It cleans up with volume rolled off better than any amp ive owned. Like nice clean.
Then boosted(or not), in the more gain mode, it has a fierce but orgaing metal tone. I whave ll get another.

Back