Dean Limited Run Flying V (trans quilt blue) Sign Up!!

jkkkjkhk

Hey everybody, us over at the Dean forum are in the works for a new Limited Run guitar. This time it's a transparent blue V with a quilt maple top. Mahogany body, set mahogany neck, the back will be natural, naked ebony fretboard, single ply white bindings on body, neck, and headstock. Chrome hardware, grover tuners, Dean USA DMT time capsule and nostalgia zebra pickups, and string through bridge with no V plate. Price is $700 and that includes the hardshell case!! 50% down payment once order is placed, then remainder when guitars are finished and ready for shipments. This will be limited to only 24 guitars so sign up now if you want one. We need only 15 more people to get this started. The Music Farm is the dealer for these so big thanks to them for getting us such a low price and trying to make this work for us. Message me or join the forum if you want to sign up for this.

Here's the thread with all the details.
http://www.deanguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93157

Here's a mockup of what we expect, and many thanks to "Vultures" here for making this pic for us.
Note: there will not be dot inlays, and the pickup bezels (rings) will be black.
deanbig2.jpg

mniel8195":vyjfunsq said:
$700? probably not a great quality axe for a limited run?

No it's very high quality. Reason it's $700 is because we tried to keep it as simple and cost effective as possible. No floyd, no inlays, finishes already offered on other models, basically just no crazy specs. Also the fact it's a limited run it's like a thing Elliot likes to do for DOA (Dean Owners of America) members, giving back a bit. Being a Dean fan is awesome, whether you like the guitars or not, or the business direction or not you have to admit that Elliot Rubinson is amazing to his customers. Every year he throws a big party that lasts 4 days, big acts come and play, open bar, tour of the factory, huge discounts, catering, free stuff, NO COVER CHARGE... So limited runs is just an extension of that. Some other companies used to do that as well but it's a hard thing to get done. Have 24-50 people all agree on the same exact specs and pay 50% up front is no easy task.

Also the dealer working with us (Music Farm) was able to get us that price. They do a lot of business with Dean and have done many of the runs before so they can get better prices than other dealers. I feel safe saying that some Dean imports, mainly limited runs and the higher end imports, can hang with some USA's. Main difference is going to be the woods they use. USA uses very high grade woods while imports are lesser quality to keep costs down. You're most likely not going to hear a difference between high and less high quality mahogany, and point out that it's because of the quality vs just 2 different cuts. So sound, quality, and playability wise I'd have no problem putting one of my import Deans up against a USA of most other brands.

If you like V's you should sign up man, I bet you'd love it. :rock:

Yeah I'd much prefer a ML but I like V's as well, so I'm in already. If we can bring limited runs back and prove we can still do them then a ML in the future isn't a stretch.

If you could get Dean to split the numbers into V & ML bodies as part of the order I'd be all over an ML exactly like that with no fret markers. I like the white humbucker rings better with the white binding, but I could change those out after.

I wish we could do that but it's not an option. Nothing even as simple as dot on half, and the others blank. It's all 24 the same exact specs. They already getting extra special attention because they're basically custom shops so that would really be pushing it.

I also like the white rings as well but I can't think of anywhere to even get those, plus I like having metal rings. I'm on the list for 2 of them in case we don't get exactly 24 people. If I end up getting 2 one will keep the stock time capsule/nostalgia in zebra, and the other will get my DMT customs I got at DOA in February, both are white. Plus I'd get the 2nd floyded so two identical guitars but with different pups and bridges. Now that'd be badass.

10 people signed up already, only need 14 more and this'll be a reality. :rock: Well the guy who pitched the idea and myself signed up for 2 in case it comes to that so technically only 12 more needed.

Back