Details of Randy Rhoads death.

So Randy was heavily concerned about Ozzies drinking??,
Yet he decides to get on a sketchy airplane and the pilot has been piping down coke the previous night(s) and he's ok with that because he needs to take photographs of the landscape from the plane this coked to the bone
pilot is going to f'n fly?

YEAH RIGHT,
I was born at night...but it wasn't last night
Good point. I did waste my time watching the video, but I started in on this thread with this comment and I don’t think I need to go back through all the other comments.

If by that you meant that QR was glam, and glam kinda sucks, then you maybe have a point. But I know that Randy really was trying on those albums. He took one home for his mother to listen to (he greatly valued her musical opinion), and she was brutally honest with him. As she was listening to it, she tuned to Randy and said, “Randy, this just isn’t very good.” He went into the next room and cried. That’s the story is brother tells. It was a different story when he brought home Blizzard of Ozz. She said to him, “Randy, now this is more like it!”
I recently played Demolition Derby for my dad and he liked it. Lol. Maybe it's just one of those, it's so bad it's good kinda things. An acquired taste for sure. But I think they had some very good songs even though QR1 didn't have the best production.

I love Micheal Schenker’s playing, but most of his songs don’t do much for me. Are there any songs he wrote as epic as Mister Crowley, Diary of a Madman, or Revelation Mother Earth? Or as bad ass as Over the Mountain, Believer, or Suicide Solution? We can debate the merits of Schenker vs Rhoads when it comes to lead playing, but when it comes to the quality of the music, Randy wins, no question. On this point I do have to acknowledge Daisley’s help because we all know how god awful the early Quiet Riot stuff

I don't know if I agree. The song writing in UFO and MSG may not have been as dramatic as Mr.Crowley or Diary of a Madman but don't tell me the songs don't stack up. This might be opinion but what about Love to Love? Into the Arena? Light's Out? Armed and Ready?

If it comes down to taste than it is hard to argue against your statement but I think it is more fair if you have a fan of both guy's songwriting ( me and a few others on here) say whether or not they think both bodies of work are in the same ballpark. I think they are with the nod to Schenker because he was around to put out more records. The guy wrote some incredible music from the mid 70's to the late 80's. I'm not so sure Randy outside of Ozzy, would have been as successful. (which of course doesn't matter because I am grateful for what we have of his and his legacy) Anyway, the 70's and 80's were absolute magic for guitar players. People could still be "first" and unique with what they did before everyone could do it.

what a bunch of horse shit. there was never any report of a struggle on the aircraft,

and its been repeatedly stated on the record that the plane had already buzzed fhe bus once...

perhaps the ol' redneck narrating heard it from the same guy that saw ferris bueller at 31 flavors yesterday...

what a bunch of horse shit. there was never any report of a struggle on the aircraft,

and its been repeatedly stated on the record that the plane had already buzzed fhe bus once...

perhaps the ol' redneck narrating heard it from the same guy that saw ferris bueller at 31 flavors yesterday...
I like vanilla ice cream and potato chips. 🙂

IMG_3090.jpg

Ozzy has been auto-tuned for 45+ years. He never could "sing" just moans & whines.
Iommi said the only reason Oz got the gig with Sabbath in the Birmingham days is because he was the only one w/a small vocal PA.
Auto tune did not exist 40 years ago ... it's one thing to hate Ozzy but it is another thing altogether to lie and come across as a moron. If Ozzy was that bad of a singer do you really think Tony would have kept him in the band for 10 years?? .. do you have a brain??

He was one among many high profile deaths in the Beechcraft Bonanza, nicknamed the “v-tailed doctor killer” for its association with many high profile crashes.
Indeed. That is a true statement. Are you a pilot, mechanic, maybe just an aviation enthusiast of sorts?

I'm not challenging your statement, just randomly admiring the fact that someone one would know that kind of obscure info.

Indeed. That is a true statement. Are you a pilot, mechanic, maybe just an aviation enthusiast of sorts?

I'm not challenging your statement, just randomly admiring the fact that someone one would know that kind of obscure info.
More than likely, a Google search.

If you really want the gory details the autopsy report is out there on the interwebs.
Last I checked the reports are not available online anymore,every link doesn't exist. I guess my curiosity gets the better of me sometimes as I was searching to read them.

I have a couple hundred hours piloting Bonanzas. Fantastic aircraft, super-stable flying platforms. Absolutely right that they are known as doctor/lawyer killers - but the reason is that it is easy to get “behind the airplane” in instrument conditions (IFR) because it is fast and slick (the plane doesn’t slow down like a Cessna when you pull the power). So guys who are used to flying a 172 step up to the Bonanza and everything happens a LOT faster.

Imagine a decent high school quarterback being thrown into the NFL trying to read blitzes and disguised coverages. It just happens so much faster.

I have a couple hundred hours piloting Bonanzas. Fantastic aircraft, super-stable flying platforms. Absolutely right that they are known as doctor/lawyer killers - but the reason is that it is easy to get “behind the airplane” in instrument conditions (IFR) because it is fast and slick (the plane doesn’t slow down like a Cessna when you pull the power). So guys who are used to flying a 172 step up to the Bonanza and everything happens a LOT faster.

Imagine a decent high school quarterback being thrown into the NFL trying to read blitzes and disguised coverages. It just happens so much faster.
Very cool Rod!

Most of the aircraft I deal with are small to larger part 25/transport category turbine aircraft. Right now I'm retrofitting a Lear 35A with some older Garmin gear. GNS430, GNS530, GTX345, GTX335. And of course 2 GAD42 converters for the ancient Aeronetics RMI's and also for Roll Steering 3.5mV/degree to couple to the #1 Flight Director/FC200 AFCS.

Back