Details of Randy Rhoads death.

It leaves out key evidence from the first flight. Jake Duncan said that Aycock had buzzed the bus in an attempt to wake drummer Tommy Aldridge. So basically Aycock repeated the buzz a second time and messed up, clipping the wing. It sent them partially through the windscreen as the plane slammed into a tree and then into a barn bursting into flames.

Rhoad’s right arm was missing its hand. All bodies burned beyond recognition. I think Rhoads was killed instantly when his head crashed through the windshield. I hope to God he was killed instantly.

Yeah, Ritchie Blackmore noted Andy's black aura. He was possessed by an evil spirit.

I think it was just careless stunt flying by an impaired pilot.

My ex-wife used Randy's autopsy report as part of a project when she was in mortuary science school. They maybe saw it coming, but they never felt a thing. It was over for all of them instantly, if there's any comfort in that. So tragic.

Last edited:
I teach EMT and paramedic school in the same city that this occurred( im a career firefighter/paramedic as well) and work with a few guys who are retired that were on the call, most of this seems pretty accurate from what I’ve been told, especially the part about the bodies burned beyond recognition, I was told some things I never wanted to hear that’s for sure, even in my line of work. I couldn’t help but ask the guys about it. The company that owned these aircraft are still flying today, albeit under a different name as well. The runway also still is in operation, and often flies in celebrities into the Orlando area under the radar etc.

Seems like speculation - Randy pulled the plane up to save everybody on the bus...how'd they figure that.

Tragic and sickening non the less
This is from Don Airy. He was taking photos of the plane when this happened, and he maintains that he thinks he saw a struggle of some kind in the cockpit through his telephoto lens right before the plane hit the bus.

This is from Don Airy. He was taking photos of the plane when this happened, and he maintains that he thinks he saw a struggle of some kind in the cockpit through his telephoto lens right before the plane hit the bus.
Where are these photos I wonder?

I've dug around for info on this as many of you have and came across Airy's interview before and I too also find it funny/ romanticized a bit that he was fighting with the pilot to pull up the plane. I mean, if you don't fly, are you screwing with a pilot and risking really the plane getting out of control when you are buzzing that low to the ground? If they had buzzed it once and it went fine, you'd think that he might have sat tight on the second. It's a crazy story though, one careless moment and everything changes. Sad.

As for the crash, I have to think that between clipping the bus to crashing into garage, there would have been that brief moment of knowing what has happened and how it was going to end. Horrible.

Well, the narrator sucks ass. It's like listening to a 3 year old tell a story. And a lot of this "story" is glorified BS. Possessed by an evil spirit? Come on, is this the 16th century? I also think the stuff about Randy trying to fight with the pilot is complete bullshit. You'd never be able to see that from the ground anyway.

Nevertheless, the whole thing was tragic and unnecessary.

Well, the narrator sucks ass. It's like listening to a 3 year old tell a story. And a lot of this "story" is glorified BS. Possessed by an evil spirit? Come on, is this the 16th century? I also think the stuff about Randy trying to fight with the pilot is complete bullshit. You'd never be able to see that from the ground anyway.

Nevertheless, the whole thing was tragic and unnecessary.
Especially through a telephoto lens...

It seems a lot of the details and events that surround both the crash and aftermath are going to be provided by people who may not be the most reliable narrators. Not only was it a traumatic event, which I’m sure all who were there were in various stages of shock, but people in the music business (even our beloved heroes) commonly and frequently bend and stretch the truth.

Back