diezel and g force...clip noises!!

BERNI

hi!

a few years ago, i tried to change my gmajors into gforces...but, plugged into the midi serial loop and some presets changes caused clip noises..., so i decided not to change...

but right now i bought a couple of gforce, and im using the vh4 , and an rjm mini effect looper, cause i like the serial loop better than the paralell...

i remember the noises and i am very nervous about that, i am out of my city so i cant check the gear...so...

anybody here has the vh4-gforce configuration that way? any issues? in that case...any solution?

there is a long term issue in the tc forums that says that some gforce had dc issues in the output sections...so a pair of custom cables with a 100k resistor would fix that...but i cant be sure of this.

i really want to use the gforce so any help is welcome :thumbsup:

I use the G-Force and I have no problems at all. I use it in series.

kleiner002.jpg

A couple of questions -

1) Where do you have the input and output level knobs set on the G-Force?

2) Is the G-Force set up for +4 or -10?

hi!
thanks for share...
i am just to put the rig today, my issue was a years ago with an herbert..., direct to serial loop. i dont know the volume settings...
SinDes1, what is the best? +4 or -10...
after read all the manuals and web pages, i think that the way you mute the blocks is very important, i use the unit mostly for delays and reverbs, and cause i engaged the presets and loop at the time, i didnt care about the trails and that stuff, and maybe that was the problem? i never use transitions between presets...

thanks indeed....

best!

I have two G-Force and have no problems at all... The only problem I had is that when you programm very complex presets and switch to another preset with a complete different layout of the effect blocks, there is a very little silence but no clip... The G-Force is for me the best multieffect unit (except the Eventide H8000FW but they are much more complicated and cost the double) available at the moment!

BERNI":9xbg6jj4 said:
hi!
thanks for share...
i am just to put the rig today, my issue was a years ago with an herbert..., direct to serial loop. i dont know the volume settings...
SinDes1, what is the best? +4 or -10...
after read all the manuals and web pages, i think that the way you mute the blocks is very important, i use the unit mostly for delays and reverbs, and cause i engaged the presets and loop at the time, i didnt care about the trails and that stuff, and maybe that was the problem? i never use transitions between presets...

thanks indeed....

best!

If the amp can send a +4dbu signal, run it +4. This will yield best noise performance.

There is a signal level meter on the G-Force. You want to set the input level so that the meter is averaging around -6dB. If you're hitting 0, you're clipping the unit.

The output level knob should be set so that your volume doesn't change when you bypass the effects loop (unity gain).

Back