Diezel VHX Mute Function Issue

WyvernClaw

Hey there, new here.

I just received a VHX from Germany. I live in Canada, so I'm using a 120/230 step up converter to run it. It turns on just fine, I checked all power tubes were properly seated before I plugged it in. But when I play a note, the mute function keeps cutting in and out, it makes it sound like someone is rapidly toggling a killswitch.

The step up converter is set up correctly, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi, it looks like there's an issue on the auto mute function, would you please check the following?

1) Is your spekaer cable fully in and fully working? (it's a stereo connector, so make sure you push it fully inside, not only on the first "step")
2) Without any speaker cable connected, does the amp stay in MUTE mode?
3) Does it happens only when you increase master volume or does it happens when master volume is set to zero (with cabinet connected)?

Please contact me on leonardo@diezelamplification.com as well.

Thank you,
Leo

I sent you an email!

For anyone following, the issue seems to have vanished for now after I pressed the mute button in a few times. Not sure if it's actually gone or is likely to arise again, but I'll update this thread for anyone interested who might be experiencing the same thing in the future.

I knew this wasn't going to go as smoothly as I hoped when I looked at the serial number and saw 13/40... Lol

I sent you an email!

For anyone following, the issue seems to have vanished for now after I pressed the mute button in a few times. Not sure if it's actually gone or is likely to arise again, but I'll update this thread for anyone interested who might be experiencing the same thing in the future.

I knew this wasn't going to go as smoothly as I hoped when I looked at the serial number and saw 13/40... Lol

I'm very glad to hear that!
Would you please double check that your step up transformer properly earthed as well?
Thank you,
Leo

I'm very glad to hear that!
Would you please double check that your step up transformer properly earthed as well?
Thank you,
Leo
Thank you for being so helpful. This is why I didn't hesitate to buy a Diezel even considering my luck with amps. You guys have shown many times in other people's posts over the years to consistently go above and beyond for customers.

I sent a few other questions in my email whenever you get around to checking it.

Back