DiMarzio Air Norton as a bridge pickup (clip)

SFW

Most people think of the Air Norton strictly as a neck pickup- even though it was originally designed to be a bridge position pickup. I have often heard that the Norton was a fantastic pickup in a Les Paul. According to DiMarzio's website, the Air Norton shares the same EQ of the Norton just in a slightly less hot package. Since I had one laying around waiting to go into another guitar, I figured what the hell.

I actually think this is a great pickup in the bridge. It has a slightly hotter than PAF feel to it, while remaining open sounding. Single notes sound fatter than a standard PAF, and string definition is quite good. I would definitely like to try the Norton now to compare it to the AN. Overall, I am very please with the pickup. Its the perfect PAFish pickup.

I put a Norton in my Axis paired with a PAF Pro and it sounds killer. Very underrated pickup imo

I also have an Air Norton that I was gonna throw in the neck but the PAF Pro sounds so good I dont wann mess with it right now :D

Lord Toneking":3b52cgh5 said:
I put a Norton in my Axis paired with a PAF Pro and it sounds killer. Very underrated pickup imo

I also have an Air Norton that I was gonna throw in the neck but the PAF Pro sounds so good I dont wann mess with it right now :D

I've got an Air Norton in the neck of my PRS Custom 24 and I don't care much for it. It's too dark, bassy, and middy. I can see how it would sound very good in the bridge though. I might have to try it out before I dump it.

Sounds good. Never cared for the Air Norton in the neck.....too thick/bassy. However, the regular DP160 Norton is one of my favorite bridge pups ever.

Sounds awesome! You're making me rethink the Custom I just bought and haven't even gotten into my '82! :rock:

Got one in my H157 and strat right now! Very spanky sounding
Without being overly bright, like a PAF with some P90 mixed in
Me likey!

Back