Dimebag’s Estate Sues Dean Guitar’s

I think they should go to Solar. I don't think anyone else would treat it with as much reverence as Ola would. Besides Solar is owned by Ola and someone from Washburn. And everyone is leaving Dean. That's no coincidence

Wylde Audio... or Washburn. That's my guess as to where Rita will take it.

Didn't washburn have a line of these at one point? So he went from Dean with no endorsement to Washburn and then back over endorsed to Dean? I'd guess you are right then... washburn. I wouldn't trust Wylde audio to be able to pump these out reliably and with quality control.

Speaking of Japan, a guitar company there should do it.
Pantera is probably still much bigger there than in the US.

Speaking of Japan, a guitar company there should do it.
Pantera is probably still much bigger there than in the US.
I just don't see it. ESP, Jackson..they could all make an amazing Dime sig but I just feel like it would ring hollow. No real connection to Dime at all. I really feel like the Washburn avenue is the best way, but will they see it as profitable?

I just don't see it. ESP, Jackson..they could all make an amazing Dime sig but I just feel like it would ring hollow. No real connection to Dime at all. I really feel like the Washburn avenue is the best way, but will they see it as profitable?

Ya, only connection would be between the Japan fanbase and the band.
Seemed like they loved doing shows over there.

What can they even take with them besides Dime's name and signature? Isn't the razorback Dime's only real IP that could be made by another company without redesign? I'm not sure how washburn made the ML shape without paying Dean for it...

Wylde Audio... or Washburn. That's my guess as to where Rita will take it.

Wylde is Schecter. It would be an absolute travesty to have Schecter making dime guitars. I feel like she's sort of muking about in an area she doesn't really understand. What I think is most obvious to people that even remotely watched a decent amount of stuff involving Dime is he would want a guitar that plays good, put in the hands of kids cheaply. And that's what Dean did. That's what Washburn could do.

Shecter would do it cheaply, but I've always hated the way their guitars play. They would obviously change the neck profile, throw a crappy zinc floyd in the bridge, if they even have a floyd model outside the custom shop etc.

Washburn would be cool and a return to form, but let's be real. The Washburn of today and yesteryear are different companies. I think she's talking more for Dime than Dime would have talked here.

Last edited:
Dime has kept Dean relevant, literally. Dean has been milking his name for years.

Fuck Dean. Evan is a douche, their guitars are average at best, (aside from their top-notch Custom Shop that does next to nothing these days).

That said, I think the lady's grasping at straws. If they owe the estate money, get it. But aside from that, cut your losses, and stop depending on Dime's name to put money in your pocket. That goes for Dean as well.

As for future models? Dime was Dean. Seeing another brand producing Dime models would be stupid, and only prove it's a cash grab for the "estate". Is it about his legacy? No. Its about cash in her pocket, plain and simple.

Didn't washburn have a line of these at one point? So he went from Dean with no endorsement to Washburn and then back over endorsed to Dean? I'd guess you are right then... washburn. I wouldn't trust Wylde audio to be able to pump these out reliably and with quality control.
Stealth.

I ve read where this Evan dude aka rich kid talk pure trash to Mustaine. Probably why he left.

Im all for making a living but Darrell is gone.
No sense in pimping out his legacy but making cheap $400 guitars.

So who is left at Dean then? Vinnie Moore probably... that guy clutches at whatever endorsements he can get! He's an awesome player, sad to have seen him scrape the barrel all these years and never see much of any return for his playing. (that I know of)

EDIT: Vinnie has left them too lol! Must be a total shit show if that guy is leaving. Andy Laroque as well.

Back