Dirt!

:shocked:
Hail yes.

One of the few times I watched a video all the way to the end.

Well done bruddha :thumbsup:

Bad Ass!!! Dude that sounded awesome!! If that was playing somewhere, people would swear that was the original song and wouldn't know any better. Killer man, keep up the good tonez!!

Good lord man!!
Now that is talent put to use!!! :rock:
I can barely play the star spangled banner. :LOL: :LOL:
Fn killer job!! :thumbsup:

I got quite a bit of good feedback from this on Facebook and Youtube both yesterday, my views were up over 262% from normal for the first 12 hours and I gained a few subscribers, which is a big deal when you're still stuck under 200! Thank you all for the kind words!

Man that’s super cool! I just got my Strike Pro kit put together. Need to actually plug the cables in but at least it’s assembled!

I’ll sub for sure.

I saw your Strike Pro in your video last night and almost said something about it. I love mine except the hi hats are still a pain in the ass. You'll want to make sure your module software is up to date unless you just bought it. There was another update recently that made some more improvements to the hi hats, they're a lot better but still not perfect.

Thanks for subscribing!

Awesome job and sounds good too! How do you like the feel of the E-kit? I have a new house with an unfinished basement and planned to do a music room with double drywall etc etc to help soundproof my acoustic kit but the more I think of it...two young kids, the space being smaller than I had planned because i also have a small gym area and we want a play area for the girls as they grow, I might be looking at an electric kit after all. I'm a purist and prefer the real skins but right now I can't play drums period so perhaps time to reconsider rather than dropping 15K into a small room to use it 2 hrs a week.

GregM":a4f2pwa6 said:
I saw your Strike Pro in your video last night and almost said something about it. I love mine except the hi hats are still a pain in the ass. You'll want to make sure your module software is up to date unless you just bought it. There was another update recently that made some more improvements to the hi hats, they're a lot better but still not perfect.

Thanks for subscribing!

Missed this.. that def. sucks considering hats and snare are used 90% of the time.. have you guys looked at the higher end kits and seen whether or not this is also an issue? Maybe next tier up?

The hi hats are definitely better than they were when this kit was released. I bought mine last fall and I did see some posts going back a couple years from when it was released with people complaining about them but I didn't realize there were still problems. The last software update (fifth revision) did make a huge improvement for me but it's not perfect. They just released a special edition version of the Strike Pro this year and the hi hats are completely different from the original kit, so I suspect they've worked out the hardware issues. The biggest problem I have is getting a consistent sloshy half open sound. If I hit the cymbal with normal force then it will sometimes see that as a closed cymbal hit. They use a pressure sensor at the bottom, a spring on top of that, and then the top cymbal presses on the spring. In my opinion, the software is looking at too small of a resistance window for partially open sounds and a hard hit causes it to think the top cymbal is down. I've experimented with felt washer combinations, played with settings, cymbal height and a different brand sensor and it's still not perfect.

Using it live would be a different story, and in reality an audience probably isn't going to nitpick a stray chick instead of a sloshy hit in a live performance, but I figured out how the sensor works and came up with this for recording tracks.

The mesh heads and cymbals are excellent. Looking back on it now is a little different than being frustrated in the moment when I was having problems, but I'm still happy with this kit at this price point. The samples in this module are a massive improvement over my last set. After my first few minutes with it I sent a drummer friend a text saying the snare drum alone was worth the price of admission.

killer Greg...

you still going the DI/Load and IR's route?

you';re stuff always sounds really good man!

GregM":387ce3ls said:

Thanks for subscribing!
Yeah man I basically got this kit for a sick steal. The hats don’t bother me too much and I also made a bunch of Superior Drummer 3 kits for it with that SD converter software. Need to load them up while I’m home and have the time.

Kapo_Polenton":387ce3ls said:
GregM":387ce3ls said:

Thanks for subscribing!

Missed this.. that def. sucks considering hats and snare are used 90% of the time.. have you guys looked at the higher end kits and seen whether or not this is also an issue? Maybe next tier up?
These kits are great. As far as hats go, I need two sounds... closed and slightly open! Lol. I am no Carter Beauford! I am a punk/metal drummer who doesn’t use a lot of hat nuance but it is an ongoing concern.

Also a lot of guys use Roland hat modules with this kit and seems it makes the hats. Non issue. Everyone’s needs will definitely be different though.

MrDowntown":xlsmql3h said:
killer Greg...

you still going the DI/Load and IR's route?

you';re stuff always sounds really good man!

Yeah. Suhr Reactive Load, interface, and then Wall of Sound (WOS 2, I think?) with the Friedman cab preset I came up with. No post EQ except for cutting the bottom end out of the leads.

Back