Dogs, why can't they live forever

Lost my two dobies 7 and 5 years ago, and that was the hardest damn thing I've ever had to go through. We are on the list with a breeder to hopefully get another pup around December hopefully.

Here's Mojo as a pup and recently.

1.jpg

God is dog in reverse.
God creates dog.
Dog loves man.
Man loves dog and thinks about dog more than god.
"Thou shave have no other gods before me."
God curses man with dogs shorter life span.
Just more proof that god is a petty, jealous deity.

Or.....

Dogs shorter life span is gods way of teaching children how to cope with the death of a loved one.

Either way....it seems pretty feckless that a loving god would do that to his children.

Obviously,I'd rather have a dog than a god.
For a dog is far more loving to man.

My pet was older than my kids and died this year. It's tough. Like a family member has died.

Anyway to answer the question in the OP.... Because Jeff Bezos is investing in humans first.

However, I bet there will be dozens of chimps that get there first before us.

My pet was older than my kids and died this year. It's tough. Like a family member has died.

Anyway to answer the question in the OP.... Because Jeff Bezos is investing in humans first.

However, I bet there will be dozens of chimps that get there first before us.
sucks, I been missing my baby like hell. I miss her under my feet every morning, going nuts everyday when i'd get home and her barking at the bathroom door every time I took a dump. It's been 3 months and I still watch where I'm walking in the back yard.

Lost my beagle about 4 or 5 years ago. It was horrible. I haven’t got another dog yet because I keep thinking about how bad it was losing my little bud.

I can so relate to that brother.

I lost Brutus (given away by my dad without warning prior to leaving S. Africa and moving to Australia) when I was 12 and haven't been up to going down that road again, which is amazing 'cause I love dogs.

He was a Boxer and my best mate since I was 4 or so.

It's terrible. We had to put down our 17yr old my wife found pup when it was 5 or 6 weeks. We have a pitty rescue who is 5 today. Sweetest fucker.
We have a 3 yr old Frenchie bought the wife for her 50th and an 8 month old Frenchie pup.

I'm the primary caretaker of all 3 (well 4 if you count our adult daughters dog that lives here too). I'll be crushed!!!

Last edited:
Without pain there can be no pleasure.

There are no absolutes on these scales, only relativistic comparisons, hence the need for counterbalancing "references".

Same goes for heat and cold, blunt and sharp, dark and light, young and old, fat and thin, smooth and rough, long and short, high and low... the list of pairings is endless.

Just MHO mate.

I have avoided acquiring a new dog because I was beyond devastated in dealing with the death of my previous one.

When I remembered " Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" it made me rethink it .

less than 2 years ago I had to put down my boy after 15 years. One of the hardest things i've ever had to do. Now my baby girl (Jack Russell) 14 is getting to that point. I hate this shit.

We lost our miniature schnauzer years ago, and it 100% felt like our child died. All the range of emotions, it was hard as hell, still is.

They become our children, and our children are supposed to outlive us, but dogs don't have the lifespan.

Sorry for your losses.

Back