Doing a W/D/W set up with the Captor X

John4021

Wanted to run a W/D/W rig with it.
All my cabs are 16 ohm.
Using a Fracta Axe F/X II XL+ unit into a Mesa 295 power amp.
Then a guitar amp straight into the Two Note X

Is the 16 ohm version the one to get?

My mind just wants to hear the W/D/W/ at this time so I could care less about the IR's and the cabs/mic placement etc.
Well, maybe down the road I'd use the other features but just want to play without turning this into a knob twisting science experiment.

And just so I am on the right track here, is the guitar amp going through all 3 cabs.?

I just found this video. Is it that simple? He points out the W/D/W/ set up at the 4:34 mark

Last edited:
Hi @John4021 ,

Ross from Two notes here!

Thanks for reaching out and sounds like a great project! What amplifier are you using as your core tone? Once confirmed, I can advise on the correct Captor Ω variant best suited to your needs.

In terms of your setup, the guitar amp would indeed be going through 3 cabinets providing your Mesa Power Amp feeds two cabinets (Wet) and the Captor X through output feeds the 3rd (Dry).

Thanks!

Hi @John4021 ,

Ross from Two notes here!

Thanks for reaching out and sounds like a great project! What amplifier are you using as your core tone? Once confirmed, I can advise on the correct Captor Ω variant best suited to your needs.

In terms of your setup, the guitar amp would indeed be going through 3 cabinets providing your Mesa Power Amp feeds two cabinets (Wet) and the Captor X through output feeds the 3rd (Dry).

Thanks!
Using a Fortin Cali....or a Bogner 20th Shiva.
And the Mesa Stereo 295 power amp has 8ohm/4ohm outs. In the manual for the 295 they state (as Mesa usually does) that mismatching cab impedances are ok.
But the Fortin and Bogner I run 16 ohms.
Thanks Ross

Hi @John4021 ,

Thanks for getting back to me. You indeed want the 16-Ohm version looking at the (Awesome!) amps you are using!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with today.

Kind regards,

Ross

Hi @John4021

Thanks for getting back to me. You shouldnt notice anything - we have run similar rigs in the past without any issues.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help to clarify!

Kind regards,

Ross

Hey Ross.
Captor X is on the FedEx truck :thumbsup:

Just wanted to know that once I hook this up for the W/D/W setup the signal is pure Guitar amp only correct?
Meaning there is not anything loaded into the Captor from the factory as far as cabs/mic's etc etc.

I want to be able to take it out of the box. Hook up the Guitar amp/Fractal (already set up with the Mesa 295 power amp) into the back of the Captor X
and dial in some stereo delay/chorus/whatever correct?
W/D/W Heavenly tone :inlove:

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me and that is great news! There will be cabs and presets loaded onto the unit, however you can disable these in our Torpedo Remote App. We have a large section in our online user guide that will walk you through turning off any processing that I have included below for your reference:

> https://wiki.two-notes.com/doku.php?id=torpedo_captor_x:torpedo_captor_x_user_s_manual

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know and a big welcome to the Two notes Ecosystem!

Kind regards,

Ross

Back