Dokken Reunion - live footage

JerEvil":3bkrjsrx said:
Well at least they are recording the Japan shows for a DVD. This means Don has MONTHS to go back in and sync up some studio vocals with the live performance...

The band was killing it though. Even slim on the drums!

I was at Badlands Pawn a few weeks before the show and was told they were going to film that show for a DVD. You can see a film crew in the vid. I hadn't heard they were going to film any of the Japan shows, but if they do, at least they'll have some options. :)

I'll buy whatever they end up putting out for George and Jeff alone. Pilson just about carried that show on his own.

I thought the band rocked and sounded awesome. Don's vocals weren't that bad. He did look like he'd rather be somewhere else, but I've heard he's been battling cancer. If that's true, he may be struggling with physical elements that we should probably cut him some slack for. These guys are still knocking the rust off. Things will be fine. The people who go to the shows will more than likely have a good time, and in the end that's what this is all about.

In the 80's "Into the Fire" and "Wicked Sensation" were blips on the Sunset Strip rocker radar for about 2 minutes. There were GIT students who studied in homage to Lynch but all in all it was about as popular as WASP (and that isn't much). There was a lot of grand wankery in this time period, Dokken being one of the bigger wankerish bands. Lynch's Kajagoogoo hair can attest to that.

I loved that time period and loved hair metal as much as the next player and understood the strip but thank God bands like AIC and Soundgarden arrived to slam the door shut on that world. It needed to die the death it did.

There was enormous amounts of epic music that came out of 80's rock and metal, but Dokken isn't in that category.

Starman22":8uux1pfm said:
In the 80's "Into the Fire" and "Wicked Sensation" were blips on the Sunset Strip rocker radar for about 2 minutes. There were GIT students who studied in homage to Lynch but all in all it was about as popular as WASP (and that isn't much). There was a lot of grand wankery in this time period, Dokken being one of the bigger wankerish bands. Lynch's Kajagoogoo hair can attest to that.

I loved that time period and loved hair metal as much as the next player and understood the strip but thank God bands like AIC and Soundgarden arrived to slam the door shut on that world. It needed to die the death it did.

There was enormous amounts of epic music that came out of 80's rock and metal, but Dokken isn't in that category.

hahaha so wrong

Dons voice isn't even a singing voice anymore, he's just making strained noises in the vicinity of the note he's trying to hit.

also... lol Windows 10
51x34g.jpg

Here is the full South Dakota show and one of the shows in Japan. I sure wish they had done this years ago back when Don still had his voice. He should have taken a month or so off touring before doing the reunion gigs in order to rest his voice some. I would still pay to see some American reunion shows and have a great time seeing them play together once more. :thumbsup:

Rezamatix":19au0trn said:
there is a new Meshuggah album out...and its amazing....and you guys are watching THIS? SMH.
Good point, I just listened to it...and Don's vocals don't seem so bad anymore. Thanks :thumbsup:

Rock Bodom":2tqug905 said:
Rezamatix":2tqug905 said:
there is a new Meshuggah album out...and its amazing....and you guys are watching THIS? SMH.
Good point, I just listened to it...and Don's vocals don't seem so bad anymore. Thanks :thumbsup:
WOW....... That did give me a new found appreciation for Don's current vocal abilities. :thumbsup:

Rock Bodom":2o2dznoh said:
Rezamatix":2o2dznoh said:

LOL!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Starman22":35eceorr said:

So if bands like AIC and Soundgarden shut the door on bands like Dokken then why are people still listening and attending their concernts 35 years later? By the way, what are bands like AIC and Soundgarden up to these days? I'll tell you what they are up to these days. Actually, we don't give a fuck what they are up to these days. Do you smell what the Rock is cooking? :LOL: :LOL:

I guess this is the Beast From The East show I was hoping for.......I sure do miss Don's voice. Dokken was unbeatable back in the day. There was not even a band that came remotely close to them in my opinion when it came to songs, musicianship and vocals in a four piece metal/rock band.

John 14:6":2yc0j5gw said:
I guess this is the Beast From The East show I was hoping for.......I sure do miss Don's voice. Dokken was unbeatable back in the day. There was not even a band that came remotely close to them in my opinion when it came to songs, musicianship and vocals in a four piece metal/rock band.

extreme, badlands and cry of love

John 14:6":1xknop89 said:

I`m guessing you`ve this seen this but I`ll post it anyway

Back