Doug Aldrich modded JMP's.

1telly_savalas.jpg

Anyone of you have any new pics of his current gear?
I'm lookin' for pics of his brand new album with WS and, as far as I know, he used the Marshall RR head and the Class 5, plus a 18w and 30w Suhr amps also.. I'm curious as hell to know more about 'Forevermore' and more of that I would like to see some pics of the recording sessions

John Suhr, Martin Golub, when they worked with Bob. And, Mark supplied a mod for a short time. Doug needed it worked on but had to buy a place in line at Cameron. Sent his money by Western Union, but never got his amp back.

I have a Golub mod with me now, and one at LASD getting modded by Martin. If one is good, two is better....2 month wait list I was told by David.

Steve

Sorry if this is wee bit Off topic, and I am by no means trying to slam anyone or start open warfare...

I seem to be getting the impression that some people are not too chuffed with their Cameron modding experience, with regards to getting their amp back, money back or whatever... Is this true?

kasperjensen":156y13qs said:
Sorry if this is wee bit Off topic, and I am by no means trying to slam anyone or start open warfare...

I seem to be getting the impression that some people are not too chuffed with their Cameron modding experience, with regards to getting their amp back, money back or whatever... Is this true?
:LOL: :LOL: Do you live under a rock?

To get it headed back down the right road........if you want an Aldrich modded amp, send it to Maritn Golub at LA Sound Design. Martin does some nice work, and reasonably priced. The one he has now I am getting the Aldrich mod on, with an FX loop. For the price, I was surprised at the quality of work. He installs a secondary board instead of the usual honeycomb of caps and resistors soldered to the pots that one normally would see. Cap and resistor values are blacked out on everything he changes.

For amps that require absolutely no tweaking, plug and play, crank it up, great tone, the Golub Aldrich mod makes the cut for me and is an amp that won't be sold.

Steve

spandex.jpg

psychodave":2411m26q said:
steve_k":2411m26q said:
John Suhr, Martin Golub, when they worked with Bob. And, Mark supplied a mod for a short time. Doug needed it worked on but had to buy a place in line at Cameron. Sent his money by Western Union, but never got his amp back.

I have a Golub mod with me now, and one at LASD getting modded by Martin. If one is good, two is better....2 month wait list I was told by David.

Steve

I am glad to see you settled for second best :D :LOL: :LOL:

Funny thing is...when Brad gets the CCV going I bet you end up getting one... :D
I know I will. :thumbsup:

psychodave":221mvtx9 said:
steve_k":221mvtx9 said:

Steve

Funny thing is...when Brad gets the CCV going I bet you end up getting one... :D

I wouldn't hold my breath........but I am tone deaf you know. Still pulling those ice picks out too :confused:

steve_k":30cn2req said:
psychodave":30cn2req said:
steve_k":30cn2req said:

Steve

I wouldn't hold my breath........but I am tone deaf you know. Still pulling those ice picks out too :confused:
I'm still recovering from the ice picks my MC slung. I kept coming back for more though. Steve, Does the CCV sling em out as well? :no:

glip22":3v8tysvo said:
steve_k":3v8tysvo said:
psychodave":3v8tysvo said:
steve_k":3v8tysvo said:

Steve

I'm still recovering from the ice picks my MC slung. I kept coming back for more though. Steve, Does the CCV sling em out as well? :no:

Yes, or if you dial out the ice picks, it slings sand in your face. I thought it tended to be very grainy. Pick your poison....

Sand or Ice Picks?

Steve

Has anyone ever seen Doug using voodoo modded jmp or v rock? He is listed as an endorsee on their site. He hasn't used cameron in years, when u r actually gigging outside the bedroom I don't think he wants to worry bout having to know the secret handshake or brown nosing in order to get his amp serviced! I also might try the golub mod out as his operation sounds professional wit no junky corner drama

steve_k":19d7k7dk said:
if you want an Aldrich modded amp, send it to Maritn Golub at LA Sound Design

no fanboyism here, but Martin's mod is the same as Suhr's (the CAE/CAA lead channel circuit), which is completely different from the Cameron mod
anyway, Doug himself prefers the Suhr/Golub :thumbsup:

ericsabbath":62qm3501 said:
steve_k":62qm3501 said:

no fanboyism here, but Martin's mod is the same as Suhr's (the CAE/CAA lead channel circuit), which is completely different from the Cameron mod

The OD3 SE+ lead channel is the Aldrich lead circuit? That's good to know.

Steve

Lp Freak":qb2ajte7 said:
kasperjensen":qb2ajte7 said:

I take that as a yes then? :D

kasperjensen":2cl78obz said:
Lp Freak":2cl78obz said:
kasperjensen":2cl78obz said:

OK then, welcome to the light. :rock:

steve_k":1sht30zr said:
ericsabbath":1sht30zr said:
steve_k":1sht30zr said:

The OD3 SE+ lead channel is the Aldrich lead circuit? That's good to know.

Steve

not sure if it's exactly the same, but I think it's similar
I've read some posts by John where he mentions the SE+ as Doug's favorite and people selling their Suhr modded Marshalls as "Aldrich/SE+" or something
maybe Martin ended up tweaking the original mod that was done by John (but according to John, it was identical)
you can try to ask them

Lp Freak":26y2f66s said:
kasperjensen":26y2f66s said:
Lp Freak":26y2f66s said:
kasperjensen":26y2f66s said:

I feel like a layer of film has been removed from my eyes.

kasperjensen":2li7fjwc said:
Lp Freak":2li7fjwc said:
Lp Freak":2li7fjwc said:

I feel like a layer of film has been removed from my eyes.
:shocked: :LOL: :LOL:

joepete77":10kbos5o said:
Has anyone ever seen Doug using voodoo modded jmp or v rock? He is listed as an endorsee on their site. He hasn't used cameron in years, when u r actually gigging outside the bedroom I don't think he wants to worry bout having to know the secret handshake or brown nosing in order to get his amp serviced! I also might try the golub mod out as his operation sounds professional wit no junky corner drama

I've seen pics of them in his rack, he tends to keep his usual modded Marshalls and has a head he's trying out and swaps them around.
I think in recent years he's tried the Engl Powerball, Voodoo head and the VM and a JVM amongst others.
He loved the Powerball when he got it, he rang me one night and we had a good talk about amps and he said it was the best off the shelf head at the time. And he was working wth Engl at one point but nothing seemed to come of it ? :(

So does this mean that in 20 years time when Cameron has decided to stop making amps, they will be going for $50.000? Will there be ridiculous rumors circling the internet? Will Tag Jr rave about them? Oh my God... This place will turn into TGP! We must put an end this at once!

Back