Elmwood M90, Anyone Know The History?

Pain

M90
Did it come out in 08?
Any idea how many of the M90s might've been made?
Is there a tech in the US that's considered "The M90 Guy"?

Thanks

I don't think enough of them are even in the US for there to be a tech that has seen many. I had one and it was a cool amp. Really smooth and clear mid gain tones. I wish they had just made a 4xEL34 hundred watter because I never care much for KT88s with gain.

The only thing I know Is almost bought one off Stevie K lol and blew my load on a Vegas trip and killed the deal. Regret that one in more ways than one lol

M90 came out in 2006 or early 2007. I had both the M60 and M90. Sounded great to me. Had some internal issues as far as build. I had one catch fire. They did sound good.

M90 came out in 2006 or early 2007. I had both the M60 and M90. Sounded great to me. Had some internal issues as far as build. I had one catch fire. They did sound good.
That sounds correct.... I bought an M60 this year (about a month or two back) so have been researching Elmwoods for a while this year. :D
Mines an early one (the M60 had two variants) the serial starts with '05' so I'm wondering if date of manufacture wasn't 2005.

They are a bargain on the used market if you can find one. I'm not too hard on stuff so would likely take it to my local place (which is great) if it has an issue. I'd wanted one back when they were the hot item and had always loved clips I'd heard of them.

It is a ripping amp and can cover a ton of ground.

I've used the m90 and 3100 a lot.( for someone who asked if there was a 100 watt 34,it's the model 3100.Its a beast- but its not a 100 watt el34 m90 tho.
The m90 to me seems like a cross between a mesa and marshall..ive used the 90 for everything from gigging a country rock band to metal stuff..very versatile, 2 chls with boosts.
As far as servicing them goes,they're nothing that difficult. My local tech retubed mine and biased it pretty easy.
The trick in these amps is the mids,they sit in a weird place,you have to tinker with them a bit and after u get some vol on them,there's some nice tones in them.

I had an M60 that had EL34's. Good sounding amp. A little hi fi sounding. It was nice but I didn't keep it long. Nearly impossible to remove the chassis without breaking the plexi front and the inside looked like a PC with the ribbon cables. I wondered who would ever service it if needed.

I think you guys use the term hi-fi differently than me. I only use it in a positive way to refer to when there’s exceptional detail going on in the sound like in the one real Dumble I tried or my Alessandro DAZZ. Amps like a Herbert that get called hi-fi I would just say sound tonally bland and a bit processed, but no special detail to warrant hi-fi imo

These 2 elmwoods will keep up and sometimes surpass everything u see in this pic...gold lions in the 90 turns it into a fire-breathing beast.
I've gigged the 90 for modern country and we had a 90 here that was used to record soilworks for a sick heavy detuned madness.Also did a shootout with my 90 and 20th annv.shiva and the 90 beat it.And I love the Shiva. And Jan was a super nice person to deal with.
..last note: my band recently recorded an original in a pitts, high end studio and after one take ( and I asked for multiple layers to thicken the track) and the producer laughed and said that 90 is so thick u only need 1 more track,not 5.
He then went to say others have had to track many more times to get what I got in 2).My tech also serviced it and said it's no more a pain to take apart than some other boutique amps.Anyways,to me it sounds like a cross between marshall and boogie with its own thing going on.
20200222_134501.jpg

These 2 elmwoods will keep up and sometimes surpass everything u see in this pic...gold lions in the 90 turns it into a fire-breathing beast.
I've gigged the 90 for modern country and we had a 90 here that was used to record soilworks for a sick heavy detuned madness.Also did a shootout with my 90 and 20th annv.shiva and the 90 beat it.And I love the Shiva. And Jan was a super nice person to deal with.
..last note: my band recently recorded an original in a pitts, high end studio and after one take ( and I asked for multiple layers to thicken the track) and the producer laughed and said that 90 is so thick u only need 1 more track,not 5.
He then went to say others have had to track many more times to get what I got in 2).My tech also serviced it and said it's no more a pain to take apart than some other boutique amps.Anyways,to me it sounds like a cross between marshall and boogie with its own thing going on.View attachment 273486
Will you post the recordings of the Elmwood . I’d love to hear them

Back