Eruption + You Really Got Me LIVE. How good did I do?

Looks like fun man!

The picky guitarist in me would say Eruption is played pretty quick there...almost like the speed dating version. You could really slow it down and probably have more impact with it.

You've certainly got better chops than me for that stuff 👍

the rushedness of eruption, and lack of note for note ness was a combo of nervousness, being unrehearsed (I was filling in for their guitar player), and just the fact that I never learn things note for note nor play them that way. I just get the jist of it and wing it & fuck it

Crushed it man!!
I find when I play live I ‘rush’ the tempo a tad. Not sure excitement or what. My drummer always gives me ‘slow it down’ nod. 😂
But I enjoyed it man.

the rushedness of eruption, and lack of note for note ness was a combo of nervousness, being unrehearsed (I was filling in for their guitar player), and just the fact that I never learn things note for note nor play them that way. I just get the jist of it and wing it & fuck it
you did great. the "note-for-note" thing is a silly argument, considering the artist who recorded it didn't do it note-for-note live and often improvised segments. It's live music....if they want note-for-note, listen to the album.

Nice job!

That was great. I quit doing it years ago because my paws started getting to tired during the tapping and I could sense myself losing speed and accuracy. Keep it up while you can. You will get old like me and start singing to compensate for frail hands. 😕. Then that goes too.

Are you using that BBE Sonic Maximiser in the rack behind you for guitar? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
No clue. It was a different guy's rig. I just brought my guitar. It was a Helix through a Marshall cab. That's all I know. They handed me the wireless device to put in my back pocket, and I plugged up. My opinion? It rocked.

Very good but needs considerably more treble . It's definitely not dead on "note for note" but to this day I haven't heard anybody do it dead on note for note including Eddie himself .

Very good but needs considerably more treble . It's definitely not dead on "note for note" but to this day I haven't heard anybody do it dead on note for note including Eddie himself .
Right on. I agree. It wasn't my rig. I listened to the other guy play the first half, and it was too bassy. Not enough mids or treble. Got drowned out tbh

Reactions: ccn
Back