Fatbottom vs Deliverance 412 Cabs.

midnightlaundry

I'd go with the Fane Speakers without question. They are great.
That said, each Cab advertises a tight lowend, but how tight? Reading the descriptions it seems like the Fatbottom is a tight sounding Cab leaning towards fast Metal but they call it Fatbottom which is confusing to me..
I don't want a stiff Cab , but I want it to hold together if I do chunk on Metal Riff
The Deliverance looks better, so it has that going for it.
The Amps used would be a Deliverance and SigX..

Having owned both but with the Eminence P50 speakers .. here's what I remember the Fatbottom is very tight articulate and focused like you would think a front loaded cab would be and can handle everything modern low tunings etc.. and even though the Deliverance is also front loaded it has a different internal design which allows it to be a bit more open and filling the room and not as focused so and I hate to use the word more vintage describing the Deliverance because it's still a great cab for heavy stuff as the Deliverance cab is still tight but just that the notes have a chance to bloom a bit more and fill the room with a 3 d type of sound if that makes sense.. Both are great but do things differently. I really like the Deliverance cabs myself a bit more.

I'm using P50E in a Deliverance cab with my Sig X and Deliverance 120.

I tried the Fatbottom a few times. I never had them side by side or used the same guitar. The Fatbottom was more directional and a bit tighter it seemed to me. The Deliverance 4x12 is tighter than my other 4x12 cabs.

One thing I noticed when using the Deliverance cab was it seemed the switches on the Sig X seemed more obvious. Like the voicing was based around that cab.
The switches work fine with my other cabs.... But it was just more focused in my subjective view.

I had FB 4x12s and 2x12 and had a few Deliverance 4x12s. I never tried the Fanes - I only had the P50Es and really didn't like them so I swapped them out for v30s, GBs, or H30 70th anny.

Stephen and Espquade's descriptions seem spot on. The FBs were more directional and the Ds sound had more depth. As far as being tight, sure the FBs were probably tighter, but the Ds were pretty damn tight too. I play 7string and I still preferred the D cabs. This is a clip of a D4x12 with Chinese GBs

Deliverance 412 fanboi here - P50e when broken in "can be" badass, but when I've mixed and matched with V30s and G12M25, wicked all the way.

Love the Deliverance cabs - amazing build quality - great sound - great value - and as mentioned - easy to move different cones in and out if needed. Highly underrated cabinets IMHO. Used with all my amps when gigged - TwinJet to VH4 - XTC to Hagen - everything in between - JJ100 sounded incredibly crushing through one I had the JerrySpeakerMix in.

I've been thinking about grabbing a D412 for years, but I recently received a new FB412 loaded with F70Gs and think overall it's a great cab. I waited 14 months for this cab and almost just wrote it off before finally receiving it 3 weeks ago.

Very punchy and articulate. I wouldn't say it's significantly tighter than the EVH I have when loaded with the same speakers, which I tried this weekend, but it's less boomy and has more of a direct thud in the lows/low mids. It's definitely a nice cab so far. I think people overexaggerate things on forums much of the time. I've read countless posts about how these cabs are the tightest thing you'll ever play. Yeah it's tight and holds together great, but it's not worlds apart from any other cab I've owned or tried in that department. It's tight for sure, tighter than most, but again, not worlds apart.

No more directional than my EVH rear loaded cab either. Seems almost every post I've read about the FB says it's super beamy/directional but actually I feel it's got wider dispersion and fills the room more than this EVH pound for pound. Yeah it's louder and produces most the oomph directly out front, but the few 412s I've owned and tried are all that way. Bogner ST, Friedman, EVH, Randall, and now this FB412...can't say I've noticed any magical 3D immense room filling quality from any so far. Stand in front and it pounds you...step to the side and you lose a lot of that. Maybe I need to try a D412 or an Uberkab and it'll change my experience there :dunno:

Only con I feel at this point is the FB412 has spade terminals connections on the speakers which is fast and convenient for speaker swapping, but not a great connection at all IMO. Once I decide on a speaker combo, I'll be soldering the connection.

Last edited:
Having owned both but with the Eminence P50 speakers .. here's what I remember the Fatbottom is very tight articulate and focused like you would think a front loaded cab would be and can handle everything modern low tunings etc.. and even though the Deliverance is also front loaded it has a different internal design which allows it to be a bit more open and filling the room and not as focused so and I hate to use the word more vintage describing the Deliverance because it's still a great cab for heavy stuff as the Deliverance cab is still tight but just that the notes have a chance to bloom a bit more and fill the room with a 3 d type of sound if that makes sense.. Both are great but do things differently. I really like the Deliverance cabs myself a bit more.
I couldn't imagine anything tighter than the D cab. Your description is spot on of how the 2 cabs were advertised to compare but wow. My D cab was the most lazer beam, one directional cab I've ever owned. Never wanted a FB because of that. The D is tight af.

Back