Finally finished Synergy rack

stratjacket

stratjacket

Well-known member
I know @rsm went through this a while back about heat and racking Synergy/power amps. I was out of rack space on my studio desk so decided to pull the Synergy gear out and rack separately. Also re-arranged my amps into a single rack. Got it all wired back up and ready to start learning bar chords now.

IMG_3341.jpeg


And my Mix Bus/Mastering chain:
IMG_3342.jpeg


Full studio Desk:
IMG_3343.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I feel like the weakness in your setup is that bigmax. You should send it to me so that you don't have to look at it anymore
 
How do you like the KSR with the Synergy stuff? I thought about getting one but there were some weird vibes at the time and I stuck with my LX-II.
 
How do you like the KSR with the Synergy stuff? I thought about getting one but there were some weird vibes at the time and I stuck with my LX-II.
Absolutely love it, match made in heaven. I got mine with 6L6's and it has such good punch. Highly recommended. I have the 50W lunch box KSR power amp as well and it does too. I think they're great power amps with good features, NFB, Presence, Resonance, dual Masters and you can set the bias from the front panel without any tools.
 
I know @rsm went through this a while back about hear and racking Synergy/power amps. I was out of rack space on my studio desk so decided to pull the Synergy gear out and rack separately. Also re-arranged my amps into a single rack. Got it all wired back up and ready to start learning bar chords now.

View attachment 461841

And my Mix Bus/Mastering chain:
View attachment 461842

Full studio Desk:
View attachment 461843

I feel completely overwhelmed and anxiety ridden just looking at the pic...LOL!
 
I'm still on the fence regarding a synergy rig. I have my Engl E850/100 Tube power amp with 6L6, and I could get away with 1-2 SYN-2 racks, but I'd really like a Marshall EL34 tube power amp.

I bought one (monobloc EL34 100W) used from GC, and it arrived with one side not working, and they didn't have a way to test it, check tubes or fix it, so I got a refund. These things are heavy to ship. Since then, I've doubled down on tube amps, with mostly EL34, or 5881.

Looking at the synergy modules, there are maybe only 4-5 I want that aren't close to amps I already have.

I put my deposit down for a new MGL 100W two-channel amp (instead of the 50W single channel), and that should complete (and fill a JMP / JCM 800 gap) my Marshalls which include a JTM 45 reissue, 1959HW, JCM 900 SL-X, JVM410H, DSL40CR, Origin50C, Bogner Helios Eclipse, and Engl Artist Edition E5651. I have a pair of Fender Super Twin (one is working), JP-2C, and Diezel VHX for non-Marshall tones.
 
I know @rsm went through this a while back about hear and racking Synergy/power amps. I was out of rack space on my studio desk so decided to pull the Synergy gear out and rack separately. Also re-arranged my amps into a single rack. Got it all wired back up and ready to start learning bar chords now.

View attachment 461841

And my Mix Bus/Mastering chain:
View attachment 461842

Full studio Desk:
View attachment 461843

Things will really open up once you discover the dominant 7 and inversions, but you’ll get there young man. Just keep at it and enjoy the sounds.
 
The synergy is badass but can we talk about that hagen :love:
Hagen is one of my favorite amps. I had one for about 8 years, ended I selling it and almost immediately regretted it. Finally got another one about a year ago and I think I’ll keep this one until I leave this world. Overshadowed by the other Diezel models but very versatile and a beast.
 
Back
Top