Finally into a BE 100

Shiny_Surface

Great amp, I played Se7en's 2012 BE and loved it. Finally got around to it after some Merry-go-rounding. :)

I prefer the BE channel straight up, or boosted rather than the HBE and/or additional switches personally. I do like the voice switch...I had it engaged in the clip below. The C45 is pretty nice as well...the fat switch I wouldn't use unless I was using single coils. The saturation diodes didn't sound bad either imo.

The clean channel is excellent, which makes this amp very useable/versatile if you play material with true clean parts in songs.

Recorded a quick clip of the standard BE channel boosted with my fav Boss EQ below...

Youtube link fixed :)

BE7_zps9d8e5b9d.jpg

Shiny_Surface":x932wgu2 said:
I prefer the BE channel straight up, or boosted rather than the HBE and/or additional switches personally.

I felt the same way and far prefer the Plexi channel of the Small Box over the BE-100 clean. I made the switch and couldn't be happier. I love both the BE-100 and the Small Box, but the Small Box Plexi channel seals the deal for me.

Both amazing amps.

sgill72":18q92wow said:
Shiny_Surface":18q92wow said:
I prefer the BE channel straight up, or boosted rather than the HBE and/or additional switches personally.

I felt the same way and far prefer the Plexi channel of the Small Box over the BE-100 clean. I made the switch and couldn't be happier. I love both the BE-100 and the Small Box, but the Small Box Plexi channel seals the deal for me.

Both amazing amps.
I couldn't agree more and it's a grand cheaper. :thumbsup:

Sounds great, as expected. What kind of guitar (pickup) are you using? A higher output or lower PAF-esque?

LP Freak":awtzkm5z said:
sgill72":awtzkm5z said:
Shiny_Surface":awtzkm5z said:

Both amazing amps.
I couldn't agree more and it's a grand cheaper. :thumbsup:
A 100 watter with the Plexi and a HP would kill.

HEY SNAPPER HEAD !!!

:hys: :hys: :hys:

Welcome to "TONE UTOPIA" !!!

Whooooooooooooooooooo WHoooooooooooooooo !!!

Sounds Killa !!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Jay Strange":dd5cd6u4 said:
Moshaholic":dd5cd6u4 said:
HEY SNAPPER HEAD !!!

:hys: :hys: :hys:

Welcome to "TONE UTOPIA" !!!

Whooooooooooooooooooo WHoooooooooooooooo !!!

Sounds Killa !!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

You ever play a Wizard?

Absolutely... Modern Classic and matching cab.

Dude right here from rig-talk brought down to my recording studio in Ft. Lauderdale.

Not my thing at the end of the day, dig the Friedman BE100 much more.

What diezel head is that underneath?... How do they compare side by side?
Been wanting to try one, played Herbert and you would have to pry my BE out of my cold dead fingers before you replaced it with that. Still want to try ch 3 of a vh4. I recognize that tone when I hear it all the time never had a chance to play it. Herbert is a fine amp but wasn't my thing.

Thanks for the comments. :)

My original Youtube account was wiped out trying to fight the Google+ assimilation. :doh:

I've re-uploaded the original vid I made of the BE 100 to my new account if anyone is interested in the original post. :)

I want to thank Dave for the fantastic customer service with questions about the amp, design, etc. :thumbsup:

vince3808":3tzwa3hh said:
What diezel head is that underneath?... How do they compare side by side?
Been wanting to try one, played Herbert and you would have to pry my BE out of my cold dead fingers before you replaced it with that. Still want to try ch 3 of a vh4. I recognize that tone when I hear it all the time never had a chance to play it. Herbert is a fine amp but wasn't my thing.

It's a Herbert, nice amp but moved it on. :)

Back