First Recording With My AX8

Sounds awesome man! Hey what recording software do you use? That sounds really clear and easy to hear. Some of my recordings don't always pop out like that and really liked how it sounded.

romanianreaper":2i7l8ssz said:
Sounds awesome man! Hey what recording software do you use? That sounds really clear and easy to hear. Some of my recordings don't always pop out like that and really liked how it sounded.
Thanks man. I'm still using Sonar 8.5 PE.

danyeo":1fmdl2lo said:
Sounds great. Which amp and cabs sims did you use?
Thank man. I'm using one of the Fractal modded-marshall sims. I think it's the FAS Lead 2. Cab is a Celestion IR - G12H Anniversay 4x12. I think it's the same as the factory cab 186 in the AX8.

Dude.

As always, your stuff sounds fantastic.

You are one of very few people I really enjoy leads from. Always tasty and WITH FEEL.

You rock Pete!

T

mctallica1":1psfcu86 said:
Dude.

As always, your stuff sounds fantastic.

You are one of very few people I really enjoy leads from. Always tasty and WITH FEEL.

You rock Pete!

T
Thanks Tony! :rock:

Sounds digital to me man. Jk, sounds great!! Hey I still haven’t heard that Cd you sent me. Don’t have a CD player haha. Can you send some mp3’s?

Overall the recording sounds good, Pete.

For my taste though and style it's too sterile and digitized for me. I'm missing the analogue tube vibe that would really make this tune stand out a little more.

I'm scheduled to receive a new Fractal FX8 Mark II Multi-Effects Unit this Wednesday. Hopefully it will shine over my trusted TC G-Force (for its FX only) that I've had for nearly 15 years now.

Good job.

PeteLaramee":21mc65dw said:
romanianreaper":21mc65dw said:
Thanks man. I'm still using Sonar 8.5 PE.
OMG, lol I thought I was probably the only one to still be on Sonar 8.5 PE lol! Sounds very good too, good job man!

Thanks guys. Yes, now that I have figured out some good cab sims it's making everything much better. It's not quite the real thing, but so much more convenient.

Purpleibby - I'm still rockin the 8.5PE. I uploaded the new bandlab version, but I'm still more comfortable with the older software. The only outside software I use is Ozone for mixing/mastering and antares autotune for nylon string melodies/solos.

Slyym - link sent.

Beautiful Pete, Great tones and fantastic playing…
I really liked the lead tone, the rhythm tone was ‘ok’ in my opinion …
you’re playing is very tasty. :thumbsup:

Back