Flat tire turns into an unexpected Rig-talk Surprise

strungup

So I get a call at the gym and my wifes van has a flat tire and she needs to pick up my daughter. So I drive over give her my car and I put on the spare tire and drive to the auto place unshowered and not smelling the best. I pull up to the automotive area and when I got out of the car I hear a band practicing at a nearby warehouse but deal the tire first. When I get out I still hear the band playing so I listened for a few minutes. The guitar tone was clear and cutting and sounded really good so I had to drive over to check it out. I drive by the open warehouse door and see Gian (geese_com) tearing it up on guitar. The band sounded pretty good and Gian sounded killer with his friedman. The were just starting to take a break so I ran in to say hi completely forgetting about needing a shower and stick of gum wouldn't have hurt either. Anyway Gian it was a pleasure seeing you again and nice to actually hear you play. Sorry about not being olfactory friendly. I definitely want to see your next gig. :rock:

Cool connection... The RT Nation is growing.

I wonder how many of us are up here in Canada? Rlord, pstar, and I know a couple others that just aren't coming to mind right now...mhanson, casey (I think??)...

Well - I'll run into one of ya one of these days :LOL: :LOL:

Ventura":196vdf61 said:

I wonder how many of us are up here in Canada? Rlord, pstar, and I know a couple others that just aren't coming to mind right now...mhanson, casey (I think??)...

I always thought we need some type of thread sticky to list Canadian buyers and sellers... I'm just too lazy to make it happen

strungup":mzoyiysd said:
So I get a call at the gym and my wifes van has a flat tire and she needs to pick up my daughter. So I drive over give her my car and I put on the spare tire and drive to the auto place unshowered and not smelling the best. I pull up to the automotive area and when I got out of the car I hear a band practicing at a nearby warehouse but deal the tire first. When I get out I still hear the band playing so I listened for a few minutes. The guitar tone was clear and cutting and sounded really good so I had to drive over to check it out. I drive by the open warehouse door and see Gian (geese_com) tearing it up on guitar. The band sounded pretty good and Gian sounded killer with his friedman. The were just starting to take a break so I ran in to say hi completely forgetting about needing a shower and stick of gum wouldn't have hurt either. Anyway Gian it was a pleasure seeing you again and nice to actually hear you play. Sorry about not being olfactory friendly. I definitely want to see your next gig. :rock:

Thanks for stopping by! Never would have noticed that you came straight from the gym. It was a fun rehearsal. Did a little recording so hopefully we can get some of that up shortly.

As for the Friedman BE-100.....it kicks some serious butt! Especially for the music we play. I can't wait until we get some gigs booked.

Here's my band's website:
http://www.mbrockswi.com/

The recordings are old. One of them is actually just our singer singing to a backing track. We don't have any recordings right now. Hence the recording session last night.

Ventura":3bko70pw said:

yup i'm canadian.. in ottawa.. come visit anytime. i'll make ya an interface or cables while you wait ;)

Back