Floyd rose 1000’s. Junk!!!

tpruitt

Why is it these damn cheap azz Floyd 1000’s never go back in tune if you move them. Even when there brand new.
I’m no rookie. I always make sure theres no tension when I adjust the studs so that ain’t it. Sorry about the rant. I’m just pulling my hair out over these junk things

Why is it these damn cheap azz Floyd 1000’s never go back in tune if you move them. Even when there brand new.
I’m no rookie. I always make sure theres no tension when I adjust the studs so that ain’t it. Sorry about the rant. I’m just pulling my hair out over these junk things
What guitar?

I've never had an issue with them myself but I have heard other people complain about them so you're not the only one that hates them.

I use them more for tuning stability. Rarely use the bar.
This.
I’d rather have a TP6 on a Gibson though. Less hassle.

I sometimes wonder how many players that have Floyd’s actually use them?

Most of the trem work I enjoy is subtle. Gilmour/Holdsworth.

This 1000 series I’m not familiar with, but most Floyd’s I’ve had just required a good setup.

You should set it up and let the strings settle overnight then repeat. Floyds are a pain in the ass but once you get the hang of it, your good!

I use them more for tuning stability. Rarely use the bar.
This. Exactly. I've had friends bring me their 5K LP Historic to play a tune or two at a gig....yeah out of tune after a solo. Every frickin time. Only hardtail I ever used that I would trust at a gig was a surprisingly good sounding Washburn X50. Korean made, nice tone. Cheap too. But if I want to never worry about any intonation issue, give me a Floyd every single time.
They also add a little snap/brightness to the tone vs a HT/Kahler. But I hardly used the bar.

It's debatable. They're workable, yes, I've had many. The fine tuners are stiff, sometimes wonky, and sometimes junk. They hold tune. But I've had some real shitty ones. Consistently good, they are not.
Yep, the fine tuners are the only issue I've had to deal with...flutter if you use it is not so easy with them. But, I gigged many shows with my USA 08/09 Charvels without any issues; once they're set up. I now have OFRs on because why not. But not because the 1000s are not up to the task.

One issue with tuning that I realized was, if it wasn't level to the body or leaning back a little, it would go out of tune occasionally. If it's slightly bent forward. I never realized that until about 10 years ago.

This. Exactly. I've had friends bring me their 5K LP Historic to play a tune or two at a gig....yeah out of tune after a solo. Every frickin time. Only hardtail I ever used that I would trust at a gig was a surprisingly good sounding Washburn X50. Korean made, nice tone. Cheap too. But if I want to never worry about any intonation issue, give me a Floyd every single time.
They also add a little snap/brightness to the tone vs a HT/Kahler. But I hardly used the bar.
LP’s are notorious for tuning issues.
I’ve never heard anyone say they prefer a FLoYD for tuning stability? I guess if you don’t mind the string change hassles?
I’d much rather have a vintage Fender or Charvel trem.

LP’s are notorious for tuning issues.
I’ve never heard anyone say they prefer a FLoYD for tuning stability? I guess if you don’t mind the string change hassles?
I’d much rather have a vintage Fender or Charvel trem.
Never had any tuning issues with my Floyd guitars...I rarely pop a string but yes that's a pain. No denying. But Floyds always keep my guitars in tune. After a string change, stretching them etc. But most HT guitars just don't stay in tune for a set let alone a whole night. In my exp anyway. Admittedly I've never used a vintage trem Fender/Charvel so no exp there.

Never had any tuning issues with my Floyd guitars...I rarely pop a string but yes that's a pain. No denying. But Floyds always keep my guitars in tune. After a string change, stretching them etc. But most HT guitars just don't stay in tune for a set let alone a whole night. In my exp anyway. Admittedly I've never used a vintage trem Fender/Charvel so no exp there.
I’m lazy in my old age, I admit it. I played original Floyd’s for years and they rarely let me down. I’m not much of a “dive bomber” these days. 😎😎😎

I’m lazy in my old age, I admit it. I played original Floyd’s for years and they rarely let me down. I’m not much of a “dive bomber” these days. 😎😎😎
I think it's just what I've always played since HS, way back in the 80s....got used to them. Never really used the bar much either. This Greco LP clone I just got, stays in tune pretty well actually.

It's either the pivot points or the string block hinge is sticky. That's why I use the GOTOH floyds in that price range.

Back