Forget how much this record kills !

Fuck yeah; I love this song!!

Me and a couple buddies recorded a cover of this years ago - me on guitar, Killzone on bass/drum programming and my buddy Adam from The Steve Satchel Band on the guitar solo

This was my LACS Starfield Cabriolet in to my Fender Prosonic head (fuck I miss that amp)

That is a good album you are right. Also sounds like a real band playing! Real drums not samples only. Like the production on this one.

I liked that album a lot when it came out. Bought the CD not too long after it came out. My only critique is how small and thin the mix sounds compared to what was available just a few short years after it came it. Still going to give it a fresh spin later tonight though!

I liked that album a lot when it came out. Bought the CD not too long after it came out. My only critique is how small and thin the mix sounds compared to what was available just a few short years after it came it. Still going to give it a fresh spin later tonight though!
Agreed. The rhythm guitars seem to have some phase-issues, almost sounding ring-modulator-y. But more albums from that era suffered from that tone. They probably notched out too much specific mids, neutering and hollowing the tone in the process.

Not as bad as Testament, and a year later, but still...

Judas Priest's "Redeemer of Souls" album suffers hard from this on some tracks, but this is 24 years later! They should've double-checked mono/phasing issues better.

Their best album....tones not too good but great album. I saw this tour. They opened for Slayer(Seasons in the Abyss). It was awesome!

lol…definitely my least favorite Testament album. I just kept listening to Arise instead. I know it’s not given much love but Demonic has such an amazing mix and Gene’s drums sound fantastic. Plus Chuck does really well adopting some DM style vocals here and there. Pretty sure that’s Triple Rec’s with Eric.

Testament never clicked with me . Return to Serenity was amazing but I loved big 4 and first wave of death metal at the time. Now of my circle dud either . But I like them more now .

for me the only good testament album is The Gathering. otherwise, they have like half a dozen good songs at best.

One of my fave Testament albums

I was the guitar tech for Testament at this show. There was a point during the show where people were standing behind the backline and tripped and pulled Glen's speaker cord out of a cabinet. I was about to kill the guy who did it but I had to scramble back there and plug it back in. I don't remember what part of the show it was, but I could never find it on the CD. I guess it didn't ruin the CD. Ha ha

(side note: All of their Marshalls were dummy cabinets except for two full stacks on each side for Glen and Eric. Losing a cabinet could have been a bigger deal than it looked in that "wall of speakers")

I was the guitar tech for Testament at this show. There was a point during the show where people were standing behind the backline and tripped and pulled Glen's speaker cord out of a cabinet. I was about to kill the guy who did it but I had to scramble back there and plug it back in. I don't remember what part of the show it was, but I could never find it on the CD. I guess it didn't ruin the CD. Ha ha

(side note: All of their Marshalls were dummy cabinets except for two full stacks on each side for Glen and Eric. Losing a cabinet could have been a bigger deal than it looked in that "wall of speakers")
Dude that is the best story yet I’ve heard!!
Funny how lot guys engaged with bands.
I bought a guitar off Chuck. It was a custom dime 3 he got from dimebag. That musta been helluva tour. 🤘😎

Back