Fortin Sigil

By the looks of the control layout / design ( 6irth 6rind 6ain ) its pretty damn telling that the evil pumpkin is the randall satan. Anybody else?

Monomyth":2cmgb1co said:
By the looks of the control layout / design ( 6irth 6rind 6ain ) its pretty damn telling that the evil pumpkin is the randall satan. Anybody else?

Nope. The Pumpkin predates the Natas, the Satan was originally a tweaked Natas revoiced for Ola. Both designs were later adapted for Randall as the Thrasher / Satan. They also don't sound alike.

Fortin cant do any better than that dude for a sig amp. Just asking cause outside forums he aint nobody/ guitar wise.

technomancer":1oqp7wpk said:
Monomyth":1oqp7wpk said:

Nope. The Pumpkin predates the Natas, the Satan was originally a tweaked Natas revoiced for Ola. Both designs were later adapted for Randall as the Thrasher / Satan. They also don't sound alike.

What did he do? change the slope back to 33k haha :LOL: :LOL:

panhead":1ftim802 said:
Fortin cant do any better than that dude for a sig amp. Just asking cause outside forums he aint nobody/ guitar wise.
I mean....ouch. Dude seems like a good guy.

He also has a death metal band and a signature Solar guitar. I think he also worked for Randall and I am sure he puts in a lot of work for the companies. Sometimes just networking and being a good person can work for you.

maddnotez":12vtwqw0 said:
panhead":12vtwqw0 said:

He also has a death metal band and a signature Solar guitar. I think he also worked for Randall and I am sure he puts in a lot of work for the companies. Sometimes just networking and being a good person can work for you.

He's also been demoing for Fortin for what, 10+ years now (including the Randall stuff)? Seems nice to be loyal to somebody that you've worked with for that long, not to mention that amp is well known among Fortin guys and has had a lot of interest for a LONG time.

(Oh no, I've posted non-negative Fortin stuff, how ever will Zach be able to keep calling me a hater now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

technomancer":2niqp1dx said:
maddnotez":2niqp1dx said:
panhead":2niqp1dx said:

He's also been demoing for Fortin for what, 10+ years now (including the Randall stuff)? Seems nice to be loyal to somebody that you've worked with for that long, not to mention that amp is well known among Fortin guys and has had a lot of interest for a LONG time.

(Oh no, I've posted non-negative Fortin stuff, how ever will Zach be able to keep calling me a hater now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Now if Zach got a signature head I could see the issue.

Regarding the amp. I am really not sure about this but wasn't the Evil Pumpkin Jason's amp anyway? Like he had Mike mod an amp for him and that is what the outcome was?

panhead":2lras23u said:

Well, no one outside of forums knows what a Fortin is either.

This hits the market for their amps. If Jason is helping move products with his demos etc., then having signature gear for him to sell to his audience makes sense to me.

maddnotez":lh03icx1 said:
technomancer":lh03icx1 said:
maddnotez":lh03icx1 said:
panhead":lh03icx1 said:

Regarding the amp. I am really not sure about this but wasn't the Evil Pumpkin Jason's amp anyway? Like he had Mike mod an amp for him and that is what the outcome was?
Yeah Jason's amp is the Evil Pumpkin. That's where this name came from.

I think it's awesome that he's gotten the opportunity to get some sig stuff. I know people love to hate on YouTube dudes but Jason is the FOH main guy for Gylan, Edie Brikelle, etc. He has bands and is a pretty recognizable guy in metal circles. Hell of a differ and very good dude as well. Shit he was a forum regular for years.

Hey not hating on the guy or his playing just seems odd but rocks been odd since the birth of the internet, if notice it was way better before imo

JerEvil":3p5xuph9 said:
maddnotez":3p5xuph9 said:
technomancer":3p5xuph9 said:
maddnotez":3p5xuph9 said:
panhead":3p5xuph9 said:

Yeah Jason's amp is the Evil Pumpkin. That's where this name came from.

I think it's awesome that he's gotten the opportunity to get some sig stuff. I know people love to hate on YouTube dudes but Jason is the FOH main guy for Gylan, Edie Brikelle, etc. He has bands and is a pretty recognizable guy in metal circles. Hell of a differ and very good dude as well. Shit he was a forum regular for years.
:rock:
Yep. Don't know him personally but he's an OG here, from my recollection. Contributed a ton here on threads, gear opinions etc. Definitely a talented player, has that machine gun rt hand thing down for metal. Probably a lot more. Make no mistake; there are now and have been some serious MONSTER players on this forum.

The Evil Pumpkin is up on the Fortin page for $2995, preorders in March. They've said that these will be built in the UK and my guess is the Dover Amps guys.

ErikT":1lmwtiv8 said:
The Evil Pumpkin is up on the Fortin page for $2995, preorders in March. They've said that these will be built in the UK and my guess is the Dover Amps guys.

So much for under 3000 lol, ahh well I am still looking forward to it

Krull":3t7hypeg said:
Funny (not) how bad Canadians get shafted. They even charge more for shipping. If the amp is coming from the UK, you would think it would be the same or cheaper than the US since Canada is closely tied to the UK.

About $550 more. It is insane and unfortunate.

Back