FORTIN's Evil Pumpkin – Made in China?

If I had to guess, it was probably that Lone Wolf Audio clown and his Endless Blockade gate. The original version was definitely from the KK Marshall

Joe has a ...prickly personality, certainly, but I've always gotten on with him.

I have his Acheron pedal which is really amazing for delay/verb/chorus as well as some crazy detune harmonizer stuff 🤷

I can certainly understand why many would be put off by him personally, but all of his stuff I've tried was quite good.

Last edited:
Whatever the fuck that means? You see, posting the little popcorn eating guy is a way to mark a thread that one may not have much to contribute to but is interested in reading. Maybe I should have asked your permission first?:jerkit:

Oh is that why people post that? I thought it was just a sarcastic way of rubbernecking on the internet. You know there's a little button you can hit at the top of every thread to subscribe...

Didnt you have to actually fix/rebuild your own amp(meshuggah?)

Well in reality I already built the Meshuggah circuit a bunch of times. Back in 2010-2012 maybe. The circuit has been around since the 1980s. But yes, I built another one with some of my own changes. You played it at my place.

This is the photo Mike sent me 4 days after he got his DINO 939 on Jul 6th 2007 - but there's no DINO visible.
The question is, were these 'his' amps & cabinets? Or those of a friend's friend?

Would you mind to post the photo with the amp armada including the Larry's?

Poor guy. He has so many amps and cabs, he has no place to hang his guitars and has to lay them on the floor...

Attachments

• 070710_Fortin-IMG_0107.JPG
    070710_Fortin-IMG_0107.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 96
Oh is that why people post that? I thought it was just a sarcastic way of rubbernecking on the internet. You know there's a little button you can hit at the top of every thread to subscribe...

It is better than subscribing - as that usually means an email notification on every post. Not fun. Especially on a thread like this :LOL: Popcorn eating memes are more like "Hey, let's watch this trainwreck unfold in slow motion on the interwebz". This is my favorite.

V3ltJG4.gif

What about the Bones? I had one for a short time. It wasn't my thing sound-wise, but it was built really well. Don't know anything about the circuit though. This was my only prior experience with Fortin before I bought the Meshuggah. I thought I was going to get an amp built like this, not a Metro kit. And the Fortin Cali is built better than the Meshuggah, but it's still not like this:

dct3zdq-035a2cdc-2bc1-4b81-94a9-6a7cf1111e18.jpg
Ripoff or not, you have to respect the build quality of this amp.
While it still looks labor intensive to build, it still has PC Boards that can be mass produced by themselves.
Everyone wants a Larry, but they are not accessible to the regular Joe..

If this Corona issue persists for an extended timeframe, Anything using electronic components will likely experience supply chain disruption regardless of where it’s actually made. Since most of the components come from China anyway.
Seems that I can feel happy myself, that I do have still plenty amp chassis, head shells, transformers, all kind of components and NOS tubes anyway on stock, so that I can build amps at least still 12 to 18 more months w/o the necessity of ordering anything from any vendor 🤷‍♂️😇

Just as an example - my stock of NOS Arrows switches, used for Power & Standby of the Marshall JTM models and I'm using for Power & Standby on my British Purist & Rock Wizard models. Yes I've counted it - still 62 pcs. (and at Arrows already long time out of production)

Attachments

• IMG_4320.jpeg
    IMG_4320.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4321.jpeg
    IMG_4321.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 73
Ripoff or not, you have to respect the build quality of this amp.
(...)
Everyone wants a Larry, but they are not accessible to the regular Joe..
You're saying, as long as a builder offers a respectable build quality, then it's allowed, to rip off the intellectual property of others?

Last edited:
I'm saying get your production together and make it available..
My amps are available for the Joe.. he only has to be patient enough.

And no, I don't consider building more amps that I do.
I'm building all my tube amps by myself and alone, because I don't trust in the work of other hands.
And this besides is also a fact, what makes a Larry amp to that what it is, a Larry amp 😉

Reactions: LCW
We love you man!
Let me clarify that MF has gotten the production part down and seems to get his product to the people.
You might have the best amps around for a particular style, but only a few people know kinda like a Dumble..
Go big!

We love you man!
Let me clarify that MF has gotten the production part down and seems to get his product to the people.
You might have the best amps around for a particular style, but only a few people know kinda like a Dumble..
Go big!

Yeah Fortin has using random ghost builders down... sorry but no. BAD for example has production down.

Back