Fractal FX8 has landed!!!

Got my invite to purchase the FX8 yesterday. Ordered it with 3 day shipping. Hopefully be here late next week.

on the list for the FX8, used to own an Ultra. I may pass on it... I still dig my new-to-me Boss GT-100 I got last month...I'm sure the FX8 does more/sounds better, but I'm not feeling the need for more or better with the GT-100. First time I have a MFX/Modeler where I don't feel like it's missing something, or have to compromise or use some work-around...

I also pre-ordered the Boss SY-300, should ship end of June...

Congrats & Enjoy your FX8!

edit: I've been using modelers for the last several years; the GT-100 is working great for me, direct to FRFR and as effects only in front of amps. Have not tried 4CM.

rsm":2pne4a1q said:
on the list for the FX8, used to own an Ultra. I may pass on it... I still dig my new-to-me Boss GT-100 I got last month...I'm sure the FX8 does more/sounds better, but I'm not feeling the need for more or better with the GT-100. First time I have a MFX/Modeler where I don't feel like it's missing something, or have to compromise or use some work-around...

I also pre-ordered the Boss SY-300, should ship end of June...

Congrats & Enjoy your FX8!

edit: I've been using modelers for the last several years; the GT-100 is working great for me, direct to FRFR and as effects only in front of amps. Have not tried 4CM.

I have a gt10 that i've used when necessary direct to FOH and often in 4cm with back lined rectifiers or marshall dsl's on road gigs. It works terrific in 4cm.

my regular rig when i can drive to the gig myself is a 3+se with a tc nova system in the loop (and axess cfx to change channels). everything works and sounds great, but I'm tempted to try the fx8 one of these days now that it is shipping. I'm not really wanting for anything so I'm in no rush….

I know a dude who got one on friday. Posted pics and a clip on facebook.

Then replied to his post later that night..."nothing like freezing up and dying in front of a full house."

Lol.

nwright":12oyjjma said:
I know a dude who got one on friday. Posted pics and a clip on facebook.

Then replied to his post later that night..."nothing like freezing up and dying in front of a full house."

Lol.

Sometimes that's the dice you roll being an early adopter

Mine shipped this morning. We'll see how I fair with it. My whole point is I want something floor based or I would just use my Axe-Fx and MFC controller. But I don't want to carry an FX rack and floorboard which is why I've been using the G-System for the past 6 years in all it's variations and currently use the black iB modified version. I tried all the others brands. Nova System, Line 6 M series and HD series, BOSS, Digitech. All of them sounded toyish compared to the fx in the G-System and Axe-Fx. Since TC has abandoned the G-System time to move on. Hope this is the answer. If not I'll keep using the G-System which I have no complaints with actually. It pairs well with my EVH fx loop. No tone suck or hum issues but I know I am in the minority on this.

Back