Friedman Be-Mini

Hard pass. I remember Bill Kehliher asking for a Butterslax jr. awhile back that would be more interesting to me but honestly I didnt care for the JJ jr. I had although I had a 1974 superlead with 4 tube gain stages from monomyth right before getting it so it pretty much skyrocketed my standards.

Exactly but I think quilter would produce a better SS poweramp than Friedman. Not dogging Dave, but quilter's SS stuff is quite impressive.

Almost just bought a Quilter but went with the small Duncan PowerStage. I'd bet some third party approached Dave with
the idea for this mini and basically offered his a % of sales if they could use his logo and trademarked BE.

Smart business for Friedman - might as well have a player at that price point.
Gives Boss and Behringer a wake up call.

Last edited:
At that price point why not , I could have guessed this without the leak . Lunchbox amps are all the rage with bedroom players . Diezel vh2 mini is on the way too. I’m waiting for Rick to do a mtl 5 watt lol 😂

Not gonna lie, kinda cool. The only issue I have with it is the power supply. Why can’t it just have a regular iec jack? I think most of these tiny amps use a big ass brick type power supply.

Back