Friedman BE100 clip. Suicide Solution

7 Stringer":2ywph643 said:
MetalHeadMike":2ywph643 said:
7 Stringer":2ywph643 said:
Beandust":2ywph643 said:
Sounds bad ass man! Thanks for posting this, dig the signal chain u have, the detune was mixed in quite well I thought. Not to wet or to dry. The BE always sounds good form my findings, so it's no surprise, buy your playing was! Nice post braatha

:rock:

Like i mentioned earlier, in the room the reverb is more apparent and sounds very close to the tribute tone, all blends together nicely and covers mistskes a bit more..... :LOL: :LOL:

I sometimes boost it with a Savage Drive with lowered gain and damn, it it has a different feel and tightness level while still retaining its core DNA. Love it like that too. Perfect for heavier styles. 80's thrash tones, Perfect for that.

Thank you sir.

The Savage Drive is such a great pedal :rock: You can tighten/dry things up or add saturation and make it looser. Plus there's all kinds of tones in between.

Damn right, it has become my favorite boost pedal of them all. Such a damn versatile tool. Can be so aggressive or so smooth. Love it.

Indeed!!!

Just grabbed a Buxom Boost and it's gaining appreciation big time also. The tight knob is so cool. You can truly take the amp from round and as loose as ya want, or as focused and tight as required. So many great tools out there!

ElectricVoodoo":200jwr3g said:
Wow. Nailed that tone!! I'm a diehard Randy fan, this was awesome!!! That BE100 is so articulate. I can hear the picking dynamics in it. Like you, I also do not like alot of gain. This seemed like the right amount. Now I need a freakin BE100 !!!

Allright, thanks for checking it out. That live Randy tone huh? Damn was i obsessed with it when i was a teen. Went through 3 cassettes in a couple years, wore them out!!!! Before that it was Eddie's brown sound but when this hit, i was floored. And his live solo...... Speechless.

The BE is bad ass :rock:

MrDowntown":u8n37jsk said:
That's a killer tone and setup you got there man!
Really killer clip. Thanks for posting

Thanks man. Pretty much satisfied now with what i have gathered. Covers all my bases.

7 Stringer":2pf6l5lv said:
All Anderson pickups. H3,HN3,HN2+. Love these pups.

I will try and do something with my 550.
Awesome! Could you also do an Ibby that has an Anderson pickup and is in the same tuning as the Miracle Man RG?

firejack":nwg6ww73 said:
7 Stringer":nwg6ww73 said:
All Anderson pickups. H3,HN3,HN2+. Love these pups.

I will try and do something with my 550.
Awesome! Could you also do an Ibby that has an Anderson pickup and is in the same tuning as the Miracle Man RG?

I don't have a 440 tuned Anderson equipped Ibby, all are in drop tunings.

Wait, just figured i have an RG1527 7 string with custom Anderson pups in it. I will put up something. Might be able tomorrow.

controlled_voltage":358m9pgg said:
awesome dude
my fave tune from the first album
sick man cave!

Thanks man, also my favorite tune. But the live version is so sick, i just trip on all his little fills he throws all over the place, they are so well incorporated in the song. He does that all over the album too, I don't Know is another crazy tune.

Long live Father Rhoads as Zakk would say..., :LOL: :LOL:

7 Stringer":36vij7wf said:
I don't have a 440 tuned Anderson equipped Ibby, all are in drop tunings.

Wait, just figured i have an RG1527 7 string with custom Anderson pups in it. I will put up something. Might be able tomorrow.
Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Sounds good. Way smoother and more refined than the original. FWIW, I never liked Randy’s tone anyway. :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":104forb3 said:
Sounds good. Way smoother and more refined than the original. FWIW, I never liked Randy’s tone anyway. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks man,

Never liked his album tones either, everything was doubled and had that chorusy sound, too dry.

His live tone though, my god, i drooled over it back when the album came out, made me go back and appreciate the songs way more from the albums. I was hooked.

Back