Friedman Custom 1-off

Slaytallica

Holy Crap!! This amp is absolutely insane!!

Custom one off Friedman high gain head 50 watts.
Not sure if this was already posted or if the owner is a member but had to share.

Yea....that head is amazing, so of course its a one-off unicorn just like that music man custom baritone that fluff got from them which was incredibly sick.

Why do they tempt us with this sh*t :doh:

Too raspy in the highs. He posted another clip with a Marshall cab in another forum and it sounded better

It’s good to hear a Friedman that’s more aggressive than the more smooth, restrained sound he usually goes for. I thought it sounded good, but still think the clips he did of the Cameron and Gower modded Marshall’s sounds better. They’re still more raw, aggressive and complete in their growl on power chords

RaceU4her":3szerbu0 said:
Too raspy in the highs. He posted another clip with a Marshall cab in another forum and it sounded better

Agree, but probably the cab is new, and V30 are like that when new.

Luca79":1u30pwku said:
RaceU4her":1u30pwku said:

Agree, but probably the cab is new, and V30 are like that when new.

Good point on the breaking on V30's. They are terrible and sharp for a long time. Nothing like they are broken in.

I only use British celestions now though. I swear up and down they are so much better.

Last time I bought a NEW cab (few years ago) it was an orange 2x12, and came with V30's I took them out and sold them, waited for British V30's to pop up and snagged them and managed to come out $20 ahead. Lol.

braintheory":206guwbt said:
It’s good to hear a Friedman that’s more aggressive than the more smooth, restrained sound he usually goes for. I thought it sounded good, but still think the clips he did of the Cameron and Gower modded Marshall’s sounds better. They’re still more raw, aggressive and complete in their growl on power chords

Agreed- I'm over that smoothed out sound. It just gets boring. I'd like to see Friedman go more in this direction in the future.

RaceU4her":174fssy1 said:

I think it's Reza isn't it? All of his amp videos sound raspy like this. Including amps that have zero raspiness like a diezel herbert or a VH4. I dont know how he manages to do that with each. If these were the only clips around I wouldn't buy a single amp :D

The internet is a tough place :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I personally loved his clips on this amp, and really dig most of his other clips as well. People seem very polarized by his tones. It doesn't really help that he doesn't know how to talk to people, but I still think his clips sound great, this one included.

It does sound a little more aggressive than Friedman's common offerings, but it's probably something he could perform on most of his standard offerings.

Bad.Seed":3mcp5mzt said:
The internet is a tough place :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I personally loved his clips on this amp, and really dig most of his other clips as well. People seem very polarized by his tones. It doesn't really help that he doesn't know how to talk to people, but I still think his clips sound great, this one included.

It does sound a little more aggressive than Friedman's common offerings, but it's probably something he could perform on most of his standard offerings.

Clips are clips, but I get a different result with gear that I own that he has demo's. Polarizingly different. I like what I get better (as well as some others too) just a different flavor. I don't know what he is doing to make them sound so different. I can almost bet on liking an amp more t
If I DON'T like his demo, and vice versa. I don't know.

The one flaw is that he is using NEW V30's for a demo. I hate unbroken in V30's. Most people don't care for them either. I think he should have used a broken in cab. It's common knowledge how shitty unbroken V30's sound.

IMO, YMMV, etc.

Slaytallica said:
...or if the owner is a member but had to share.

He was a member here before he went into full meltdown mode and threatened to sue RigTalk...long story, but that's it in a sentence.

psychodave":1ahar2gp said:
UberschallEL34":1ahar2gp said:
The Gower sounded better to my ears, YMMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX4JYh0Enss&t=1s

Just saw this second video. The first video I liked the Friedman, this video I like the Gower. Seems I prefer the vintage 30 cabinet and whatever amp is going through it.

I do admit, I like the 1 off Friedman.

the Gower seemed to have more cut in the Marshall cab to me

Back