Friedman Custom 1-off

swamptrashstompboxes":3ibcklgc said:
Bad.Seed":3ibcklgc said:
The internet is a tough place :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I personally loved his clips on this amp, and really dig most of his other clips as well. People seem very polarized by his tones. It doesn't really help that he doesn't know how to talk to people, but I still think his clips sound great, this one included.

It does sound a little more aggressive than Friedman's common offerings, but it's probably something he could perform on most of his standard offerings.

Clips are clips, but I get a different result with gear that I own that he has demo's. Polarizingly different. I like what I get better (as well as some others too) just a different flavor. I don't know what he is doing to make them sound so different. I can almost bet on liking an amp more t
If I DON'T like his demo, and vice versa. I don't know.

The one flaw is that he is using NEW V30's for a demo. I hate unbroken in V30's. Most people don't care for them either. I think he should have used a broken in cab. It's common knowledge how shitty unbroken V30's sound.

IMO, YMMV, etc.

I preferred both amps through the V30. Just shows how subjective tone can be!

Bad.Seed":3g1dhgqn said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3g1dhgqn said:
Bad.Seed":3g1dhgqn said:
The internet is a tough place :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I personally loved his clips on this amp, and really dig most of his other clips as well. People seem very polarized by his tones. It doesn't really help that he doesn't know how to talk to people, but I still think his clips sound great, this one included.

It does sound a little more aggressive than Friedman's common offerings, but it's probably something he could perform on most of his standard offerings.

Clips are clips, but I get a different result with gear that I own that he has demo's. Polarizingly different. I like what I get better (as well as some others too) just a different flavor. I don't know what he is doing to make them sound so different. I can almost bet on liking an amp more t
If I DON'T like his demo, and vice versa. I don't know.

The one flaw is that he is using NEW V30's for a demo. I hate unbroken in V30's. Most people don't care for them either. I think he should have used a broken in cab. It's common knowledge how shitty unbroken V30's sound.

IMO, YMMV, etc.

I preferred both amps through the V30. Just shows how subjective tone can be!

I think that proper broken in V30's would sound even better. I liked both tones tbh. Complementary IMO.

I will check the clip with my headphones and monitors sometime.

sleewell2":itqcvz95 said:
Lol he got a little upset when this got compared to a Marshall 8100

Yeah that was me, sorry guys but I was 100% honest and have no need to attack this guy who I don't even know. Forgot to add that the 8100 was boosted.

apophis":6psqaeyy said:
sleewell2":6psqaeyy said:
Lol he got a little upset when this got compared to a Marshall 8100

Yeah that was me, sorry guys but I was 100% honest and have no need to attack this guy who I don't even know. Forgot to add that the 8100 was boosted.

no need to apologize lol

UberschallEL34":14tqqv6v said:
Slaytallica":14tqqv6v said:
...or if the owner is a member but had to share.

He was a member here before he went into full meltdown mode and threatened to sue RigTalk...long story, but that's it in a sentence.

:aww: :no: :confused:

That's too bad. I mean keep that shouldn't keep a person from posting vids. Honestly if people don't like em that's their problem screw em. Go out buy the amp yourself and dial it in. If i'm doing a kindness to make a video even if the majority don't like it if one person digs it you helped someone out. Criticism should be expected as you can't please everyone.

Back