Friedman Modded 50 Watt Marshall 1987X

Wow, sounds great, Reza! I usually don't have any use for a 1987, but Dave put some magic into this one.

There's something more raw about the Friedman modded Marshalls compared to the actual Friedman Marshall-based amps.

RedPlated":3oqu7akv said:
There's something more raw about the Friedman modded Marshalls compared to the actual Friedman Marshall-based amps.
Totally. IMO, my '80 KS modded JMP smokes the BE100. Nothing against the BE, it's an amazing amp, but my JMP has a rawness and bark to it that the BE doesn't have. It still retains much of that vintage Marshall tone to go with Daves killer mod. It's the best modded Marshall I've owned.

Ditto, i'll never stop buying gear but i have the perfect JMP 4life. :thumbsup:

My expections were exceeded in a major way.

I have a HW 1987 clone I just can't seem to sell. This thread is tempting me to send it to Dave for this mod and then I'll just "have to live with it."

Hmmm...for that style of playing any Triple Rec would devour that tone.
Sounds great, but I'm referring to that modern heavy down tune style your playing.

Sounds really awesome. I can play my suhr modern through my small box in drop c and it sounds sicker than a 5150 III lol.

Yeah, that sounds awesome! I have an 87x with HBE/BE fat and sat mods and it's just incredible..

Badronald":3jmqpazz said:
Sounds great, but I'm referring to that modern heavy down tune style your playing.
Not cool.

Rezamatix":169hdjc3 said:
Badronald":169hdjc3 said:

lol, im in standard tuning. And I sold my Chrome Chassis Rev F Triple Rec because THIS amp thumped it.
Way tighter.
feel free to post a clip though if you have the one that devours this one...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah man those amps suck right? What a sucker whoever bought it!! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Rezamatix":1fc55opq said:
killertone":1fc55opq said:
Rezamatix":1fc55opq said:
Badronald":1fc55opq said:

lol, im in standard tuning. And I sold my Chrome Chassis Rev F Triple Rec because THIS amp thumped it.
Way tighter.
feel free to post a clip though if you have the one that devours this one...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah man those amps suck right? What a sucker whoever bought it!! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The guy who bought seems very happy with it.
I would gladly buy it back when he is ready to sell it!

Why would you want to buy back that piece of shit? Especially when your amps THUMPS it?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D

Got a case of these headed your way along with a copy of "How to Spot a Joke for Dummies"

:thumbsup:

043e41a0c5b192d64a86fbff77e78b9e710fae538c2adfb866f267f51b318498_1.jpg

Back