Friedman PT V2 demo Vid

cragginshred77

From the stand point of 'this is what it sounds like in the rom' -from someone who has actually played through one!
Initial impressions: from my perspective it is much more vintage Marshall voiced with a 'Grr' in the raw upper mid department that is very cool! Compared to my Slo 30 tones that got a fair amount of attention this is just as raw but more full than the crunch ch and tighter than the gain ch on the Slo 30.

For those who say it is too bright you lost sight of what a real Marshall does -CUT in the mix. Modern metal drop tuning bedroom jammers will like the Jr better, but for those of use with that 70/80's Marshall tones imbedded in our DNA this amp does it. Not as tamed and post production polished as the BE versions leading me to think Dave has heard our pleas. Bring back the upper mids and give us that raw Marshall Tone!

Setting is gain selector up position, gain on 5-6 (noon to 1 o'clock) bumped mids all else at noon. Front pushed with a Koko v1 mid boost and a skosh of reverb and delay in loop.
Cheers,

From the stand point of 'this is what it sounds like in the rom' -from someone who has actually played through one!
Initial impressions: from my perspective it is much more vintage Marshall voiced with a 'Grr' in the raw upper mid department that is very cool! Compared to my Slo 30 tones that got a fair amount of attention this is just as raw but more full than the crunch ch and tighter than the gain ch on the Slo 30.

For those who say it is too bright you lost sight of what a real Marshall does -CUT in the mix. Modern metal drop tuning bedroom jammers will like the Jr better, but for those of use with that 70/80's Marshall tones imbedded in our DNA this amp does it. Not as tamed and post production polished as the BE versions leading me to think Dave has heard our pleas. Bring back the upper mids and give us that raw Marshall Tone!

Setting is gain selector up position, gain on 5-6 (noon to 1 o'clock) bumped mids all else at noon. Front pushed with a Koko v1 mid boost and a skosh of reverb and delay in loop.
Cheers,

Sounds really good. Really thinking about getting a lunchbox amp for recording etc. Probably even a 10 watter would do the job.

Cheers,

Glad I could help! 😁

Back