Fuzz Pedals

Just finished this one using NOS germanium transistors I bought from a military surplus store a long time ago. I’m kind of new to fuzz, just never dug the tone. But they sure are fun to play. I have an Analogman HG germanium and this one has less gain but way more of a voice.

Those are pickguard screws holding the board down. :ROFLMAO:

E9-B546-D1-0-D39-4-E5-D-9-F37-BA8-D73-BCA3-B1.jpg

I've owned quite a few fuzzes and love Cornell The 1st Fuzz. They're loaded with NKT275's and I always felt they flew under the radar.

Unfortunately I sold an Analogman Sun Lion with stock White Dot NKT275's years back. That one was killer too, hence the cost of a kidney now.

I'd highly recommend The 1st Fuzz if you can find it for a reasonable price.

Attachments

• P_1.jpg
    P_1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 21
The new Walrus Audio EONS is probably the most versatile fuzz to date. It can cop any style fuzz you're looking for and then some. Also I 100% endorse @braintheory suggestion of the Dano French Toast. That thing is completely insane nasty, which the EONS can cop as well.

Just finished initial assembly of a BC183 silicon fuzz using the Eric Johnson signature fuzz values or at least close. Still needs a battery holder and some sort of labeling. I like the raw look.

Raw Fuzz
8-A95-BBFE-1-C8-C-4887-AEFA-8-DEED2-C9-FE8-A.jpg

0-A0-FCD48-93-C6-45-B4-8380-DB84-F19-D559-F.jpg

Last edited:
I'm down to about 60 of them. I had about 150. Owned about 350.
If you want a good one that isn't real expensive check out a DOD Carcosa.
If you want one that does a bit of everything get a Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory.
If you want simple and just sounds good get a Fulltone 70's pedals.

There is lots of other good ones. But since fuzz is pretty much anything that isn't a overdrive or distortion it covers a huge range.
The Fulltone is a great fuzz. I had an early 70’s I wish I hadn’t sold.

My Gjika fuzz is pretty stellar though I must say.
FACE2485-3A7E-4AEA-A6DF-C066BAEC4B63.jpeg

Back