Glenn is BSing again

It sounds like a competent mix but if that's all he did, then big deal. He presumably wasn't at the recording session itself where his engineering and/or production skills would have been put to the test. So, mixing ONE track by a name artist is all he's got for professional credentials? Weak.
I dunno I went to a pro studio for a week to put together an EPK where the guy engineering had grammy credits and since I wasn't a charting act he pretty much did shit, treated it like a throwaway, and let his unpaid droids cut and paste my stuff, which I had specifically told him I didn't want. Caught him right in the act and he acted like a bitch the rest of the session. Credentials haven't really meant anything to me since then. So you did something big once, that was yesterday. BFD. What can you do today? That's all that matters. Better an engineer with some decent gear and a great attitude than a guy with amazing gear and a shit one. Lesson learned for me.

I dunno I went to a pro studio for a week to put together an EPK where the guy engineering had grammy credits and since I wasn't a charting act he pretty much did shit, treated it like a throwaway, and let his unpaid droids cut and paste my stuff, which I had specifically told him I didn't want. Caught him right in the act and he acted like a bitch the rest of the session. Credentials haven't really meant anything to me since then. So you did something big once, that was yesterday. BFD. What can you do today? That's all that matters. Better an engineer with some decent gear and a great attitude than a guy with amazing gear and a shit one. Lesson learned for me.
if you want something done right, learn to do it yourself. IMO. with the tools available today, and investment in time and money to understand what you need, how to use it effectively, etc., most people should be able to make something very good.

a few years ago, I watched a few vids on mixing and mastering using Ableton Live - and only using tools that were in Ableton Suite. I watched other vids in using Izotope for mixing and mastering... if your tracks and ears are good, and you know how to use your tools effectively, no reason not to do it yourself, unless you have a budget "given" to you.

"Glenn's mixing is sh*t, Foo Fighters suck, my band, pro studio, this is how you play the guitar, etc..."

Yet, still not a single clip from the guru. :rolleyes:
I resemble that...

...but I don't really care about Glenn's mixing efforts good or bad, I don't have a band or pro studio, and if I knew how to play guitar well enough compared to the players here, I certainly would consider posting clips...

...and I never did like the Foo Fighters.

so, um, yes?

:D

I resemble that...

...but I don't really care about Glenn's mixing efforts good or bad, I don't have a band or pro studio, and if I knew how to play guitar well enough compared to the players here, I certainly would consider posting clips...

...and I never did like the Foo Fighters.

so, um, yes?

:D
Wasn't at you rsm, sorry. I don't disagree about Glenn, mind you. :ROFLMAO: It was meant for our resident guru.
Did you check out the deals thread, btw? Not sure if you're still after a 5 string bass.

Wasn't at you rsm, sorry. I don't disagree about Glenn, mind you. :ROFLMAO: It was meant for our resident guru.
Did you check out the deals thread, btw? Not sure if you're still after a 5 string bass.
I know it wasn't direct at me. :thumbsup:

Yes, checking out the sales...

I actually did get a 5-string bass, fretless, awhile back:

https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/detail/ehb1005f_1p_02.html

Ibanez-EHB1005F.JPG

I always love seeing that warrior! That bass is pretty sweet too!
My fretless bass is an 83ish Warlock. Near and dear to my heart for many years.
I had an old Ibanez SR800 fretless I purchased new I sold many years ago, really missed having a fretless, and this Ibanez is great...and it's not some shade of brown or dining room furniture stain which is a definite plus!

Too bad Jackson hasn't upgraded the X Series Warriors to the Duncan Blackouts, I like those pickups and why I have a few X Series Rhoads which have Blackouts; I'd have another 1-2 X Series Warriors if they had Blackouts.

I had an old Ibanez SR800 fretless I purchased new I sold many years ago, really missed having a fretless, and this Ibanez is great...and it's not some shade of brown or dining room furniture stain which is a definite plus!

Too bad Jackson hasn't upgraded the X Series Warriors to the Duncan Blackouts, I like those pickups and why I have a few X Series Rhoads which have Blackouts; I'd have another 1-2 X Series Warriors if they had Blackouts.
Always been a favorite of mine. I wanted one of those Dave Davison WR7, but when I played one at my local GC, wasn't super thrilled with the neck. Maybe because I'm so used to playing MS? I ended up going with an Ormsby Metal X 7 to fill that want. Happy I did, it's awesome.

Reactions: rsm
The only way Glenns opinions make sense is if you, like Glenn, suck at guitar, lol

If your technique is as bad as Glenns, then yeah, gear that is highly technique dependent like amps and pickups - gear that REACTS to being played differently - isn't going to matter, because at that point you're not using it as intended.

It's just like a normal jackoff driving a Camry and a Ferrari around a track - yeah, his times were the same for each lap, but that isn't because the tools make no difference.

The pickup thing is especially egregious because IVE DONE recorded comparisons, and they are definitely audible if you aren't a retard. Pickups react to how you play them, and THAT changes the sound - that effect is way more important than the "measurables" that midwits obsess over.

Glenns opinions are only ever correct in the way where he's incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. It's standard "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE" or "OWNED BY FACTS AND LOGIC" midwittery.

"Glenn's mixing is sh*t, Foo Fighters suck, my band, pro studio, this is how you play the guitar, etc..."

Yet, still not a single clip from the guru. :rolleyes:

I know you're talking to VBF but he's right about some of this shit lol

Glenns mixing is literal vanilla dogshit. I literally know hundreds of people who can do mixes that sound the same or better. I could make SliCk, MoDeRn sounding mixes if i wanted to, but I don't, because it's boring dogshit that literally anyone can do.

The foo fighters haven't written a decent song in like 30 years. They are on money making autopilot, and have been since the late 90s.

And i mean, i haven't heard clips of most of the people here, but the vast majority of people here also have relatively the same opinions. I think it's more that VBF stirs the pot AND doesn't post clips?

I know you're talking to VBF but he's right about some of this shit lol

Glenns mixing is literal vanilla dogshit. I literally know hundreds of people who can do mixes that sound the same or better. I could make SliCk, MoDeRn sounding mixes if i wanted to, but I don't, because it's boring dogshit that literally anyone can do.

The foo fighters haven't written a decent song in like 30 years. They are on money making autopilot, and have been since the late 90s.

And i mean, i haven't heard clips of most of the people here, but the vast majority of people here also have relatively the same opinions. I think it's more that VBF stirs the pot AND doesn't post clips?

Def wasn't disagreeing with that stuff, I just think it's funny to see the take on everything.
Btw, You going to the Guitar show on April 6th in Renton? I should have a booth.

Guitar show in Renton? Hmmmm. It's been a while since I've gone to one. Last one was at the Tacoma Dome with Bruce Kullick.
I usually have a booth at the Kent, Portland, and Renton ones. I'm still on the fence rn about loading up a bunch of guitars and gear for a five hour show with a few hour round trip. I might not get a booth and instead just go to enjoy for once. I missed out at the last one on a guitar I really wanted because I was dealing with a tire kicker 😿

its like i say every glen thread, is he a little over the top with his opinions? yes. is he annoying? yes. in the end though do i usually agree with the point he is trying to make? yes :dunno:
He’s gotten really click baity, but I think he has a good approach to trying to prove out the snake oil theories. I don’t see anyone trying to prove him wrong with their own tests just with their words.

He’s gotten really click baity, but I think he has a good approach to trying to prove out the snake oil theories. I don’t see anyone trying to prove him wrong with their own tests just with their words.
All the big guitar youtubers have mega click bait titles now. It's annoying.

Back