Gol Damn Jon sounds like shit...

Not surprising to be honest. He could barely hit the notes in the late 80s, let alone now haha.

It's the same with all these washed up touring bands. Whitesnake, Leppard etc. It's like watching a bad tribute act. The "stage presence" is now just standing with one knee slightly bent for 2 hours... maybe walking forward and back a few times. Then the sound is usually all bass and kick drum, so you can't hear the folks on stage play their repetative blues licks. It's not good value for money either with such high ticket prices to fund their divorces. No amount of over the top lighting will make me excited to see a "has-been" wobble around on stage.
Leppard? I'm a big fan of all 3 of their albums

Reactions: Geo
It’s funny, usually I see a former 80s hero get up there, when theyre NOW all overweight and bloated, and you know what the performance levels gonna be….

But I think Bon Jovi stayed healthy an lean?
So I still wonder what’s going on?
You don’t LOSE your ear, you just lose your ability to hit and control the note in your head if your not practicing enough..

Maybe he’s taking too much Pot….
It’s legal in NJ now, no??

I know nothing about the drugs and alcohol you kids use nowadays, so I’m just spitballin’…. :LOL::LOL:

You can't do that with Bon Jovi :ROFLMAO: The man is the band. No Richie is bad enough but no Jon is just stupid. May as well be a cover band from that point on.

They just need to call it a day and retire.
You'd be surprised...they'd get their energy back. Besides, people want it...like KISS, all three bands will become a corporation and they will cotinue to make their families money by running like an endless Broadway musical.

You'd be surprised...they'd get their energy back. Besides, people want it...like KISS, all three bands will become a corporation and they will cotinue to make their families money by running like an endless Broadway musical.

But at least KISS still have Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons.

You take away Richie, fucking bad. You take away Jon too and there just isn't a point to carry on any longer. You'll be paying 200 bucks to see a cover band.

I mean, who gives a fuck about Tico or David. Bon Jovi will always be Jon and Richie.

His voice has been on a steady decline since the 90’s. I think it’s now hit the bottom.

On another note, who is the guy playing lead guitar? I thought Phil X was the main guitarist.
John Shanks! He’s a record producer and songwriter. His live rig is insane with A+ gear, all the great stuff, distressors, bricasti reverbs etc.

Few things make me cringe worse than a singer who's glory days are long gone and still goes out and fucking dies on stage.

I remember 20 years ago Ozzy was the big one. But now? Ozzy's one of the better ones, and he's twenty years older than the rest.

Reactions: Geo
It could also be sound problems
If you have a cold and your in ears are off or you can’t hear you will be out of key , almost sounds like drums were off time to
A bad cold and poor in ear mix would do it

But at least KISS still have Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons.

You take away Richie, fucking bad. You take away Jon too and there just isn't a point to carry on any longer. You'll be paying 200 bucks to see a cover band.

I mean, who gives a fuck about Tico or David. Bon Jovi will always be Jon and Richie.
I'm a KISS fan so I'm partial but there is no comparison between Bon Jovi and KISS. Regardless if they use some backing tracks as some have speculated, it is an exciting show and they get up there every night in pounds of gear and makeup and feels like a party. Jon is a country artist with studio musicians.

When I go to a KISS show (got one coming up), infants to elderly are singing along and having a blast. At thr Bon Jovi show I felt like I was at a convention for lawyers and wives sipping wine. Cutting my grass was more rocking than that show.

. At thr Bon Jovi show I felt like I was at a convention for lawyers and wives sipping wine. Cutting my grass was more rocking than that show.
reminds me of seeing Queen with paul rodgers (last minute free 10th row tix, in exchange for a ride, where i drank a drove anyway :( ( <-----dumbfuck, i know....cringy), and thats how that show was. So many douchy 50 somethings who forgot how to have any kind of fun at all.

"excuse me, but you stepped on my wifes foot"

"i know we're packed like sardines down here... the fuck do you want me to do, homeboy?....look around you right now!!"

shows like that are so depressing because they're never cheap, and it makes aging seem even worse.

Hmmmmmm....
Thats sad..
He should have let PhilX sing, he can still sing his ass off...
I would say maybe he can't hear the monitors, but he never indicated such was the case.
I lost what respect for him I had when he grew some handful of vegetables in his back yard so he could list his property as a "farm" as use it as a tax write-off when he's worth millions...

As a sidenote, I got married in October and we did a Halloween wedding reception. This is me and took hours to do the makeup.... Lol
reminds me of seeing Queen with paul rodgers (last minute free 10th row tix, in exchange for a ride, where i drank a drove anyway :( ( <-----dumbfuck, i know....cringy), and thats how that show was. So many douchy 50 somethings who forgot how to have any kind of fun at all.

"excuse me, but you stepped on my wifes foot"

"i know we're packed like sardines down here... the fuck do you want me to do, homeboy?....look around you right now!!"

shows like that are so depressing because they're never cheap, and it makes aging seem even worse.
I am in my 50s so don't expect to leave the show sweaty with beer spilled all over me but at the dame time when i was at an Iron Maiden show and people passed me with nachos and were doing selfies, it was painful.

It is really weird to me when a band comes out and everyone is filming. A bunch of arms in the air, nobody cheering, etc.

I haven’t read this thread in it’s entirety so I’m not opposed to nor surprised getting my ass kicked in by my own doings in this post:

For every person saying that Jon can’t sing well (including Jon himself) and suggests he’s doing it only for the money, there are legions of fans that would be disappointed and more than upset if he called it quits. And I imagine Jon feels a certain loyalty and obligation to those people who have followed him all these years.

Attending a Bon Jovi concert for many people is more about a good feeling , the fever of a crowd with common adoration for Bon Jovi and the memories his music brings, singing along . Smiling with and hi-fiving the stranger standing next to you. Not about the quality of musicianship.
I would wager that if Ritchie came back wearing his cowboy hat playing his classic guitars with star inlays and double neck, throngs of fans would be thrilled even if he played out of tune and hit a few clams during solos.

My .005 (2cents adjusted for inflation)
By that logic Bon Jovi should be good for another 30 years when 90 year old JBJ is wheeled to the stage with catheter bag in tow and croaks a few words into the mic provided the dementia or alzheimer's isn't too bad that day. As a live music fan I can readily accept a certain level of decline in seasoned performers but not to this level. When the music isn't recognizable anymore, game over.

Back