Got bored ...Mesa combo Mk III...bad reverb tank

jlbaxe

Tired of carring a Friedman cab and Mk III head with guitar and a couple pedals to friends house. Soooo I built this today and stained it weather gray.

311splawndude":11bz0vzl said:
That's amazing.

Great job!

I think I would have liked it better all black but fffft...who gives a fuck.
Thanks. $26 in material and my kid left his Floyd shirt when he moved :LOL: :LOL:

nice job! I wish I was more handy with building stuff like this. Unfortunately, man dad was a complete tard with stuff like this and he passed that down to me. It's a miracle I taught myself to play guitar!

Thanks for posting head pic. I was actually looking for something in a bit better shape. Either way you have a sweet looking combo.

gtrwun":2u0apuz4 said:
nice job! I wish I was more handy with building stuff like this. Unfortunately, man dad was a complete tard with stuff like this and he passed that down to me. It's a miracle I taught myself to play guitar!
I build custom built in and cabs along with anything else in home repair/improvement. Which works out because after 31 years of playing I still suck :LOL: :LOL:

Nice tele and pup in you avatar. :rock:

So I found my reverb tank is shot. I had the tranformer and tank replaced about 7 years ago. Put in my fender tank to test and it worked. I think I will try a MOD 9AB2A1B reverb tank.

Nice job. I just made a headshell for my Rectoverb 50 combo. I didn't bother to stain, I'm gonna spray it with 3m adhesive and put whatever I can find for tolex

cecilbag":2xyoj0zg said:
Nice job. I just made a headshell for my Rectoverb 50 combo. I didn't bother to stain, I'm gonna spray it with 3m adhesive and put whatever I can find for tolex
Thanks. That's as much fun as playing :rock:

jlbaxe":195wioqp said:
So I found my reverb tank is shot. I had the tranformer and tank replaced about 7 years ago. Put in my fender tank to test and it worked. I think I will try a MOD 9AB2A1B reverb tank.

I used one of those in my Mark IV. Sounded better than the original. Cant beat it for the price.

BrokenFusion":npfekqtb said:
jlbaxe":npfekqtb said:

I used one of those in my Mark IV. Sounded better than the original. Cant beat it for the price.
Awesome. Thanks for that bit of info :)

Back