Ground control GCX guru needed.

Fret-Shredder

Would anyone be willing to draw a diagram and make it super simple to hook up my 3 preamps into my GCX so they can be switched individually from my Ground control powered by one power amp for all three. I'm not interested in ever combining preamps just switching between them. Button 1 for preamp 1 Button 2 for preamp 2 and button 3 for preamp 3. Is that simple to do. I have an older rectangular Ground control by the way. Thank you in advance. Mike

Just loop the preamps like you would a pedal. Each preamp in its own loop.

What three preamps are you talking about ?
I only see amps in you signature.

Exactly this - guitar in the front, guitar out in the back of the GCX going into loop one - send from loop one to the first preamp, the out from that to the return of loop one, then the out from loop one to the in of loop two and repeat that for all three preamps. The last loop out would go to the in of the power amp. I did this with both the GCX and GC Pro, but for me I liked the Mesa Boogie High Gain Amp Switcher much better for preamps and amps. I do love the GCX for effects and switches.

Did you try it ?
Hey Stephen I got the same response from Voodoo. I will try it out when I have time off work. Plus I need to order some more patch cables to make this work. Question though...Hooking it up this way I can only run one cab right and not stereo? Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20210608_141653.jpg
    20210608_141653.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
There isn't any reason you can't use stereo. You will need to decide where it goes from mono to stereo. I have two GCX....You might run out of loops. But it can be done I'm pretty sure.

There is a few different models of the GCX. They are not all the same. Some have more stereo loops than others.

Back