Guitar Max gets his own signature guitar

I recently got a HH Fusion with a Wilkinson Trem. Honestly, for $300 shipped, it is amazing. Stainless steel frets, locking tuners, name brand trem, etc... I had to spend some time setting it up when I first got it, but it plays extremely well, and the pickups arent really bad considering the price. Now I am thinking about buying more HBs, lol.
No HB, but I have a few Jacksons and Ibanez that were around $300 or less new, zero complaints: fit, finish, playability, sound, all very good, why I have several of them, and have sold a few of my more expensive guitars. I have more expensive Jackson and Ibanez, and the low end models compare well considering the price.

I even purchased a $300 knockoff guitar from a random shop on aliexpress, even though I've heard good and bad stories about the results. I was very impressed with what I received; especially since the original is a one-year, limited edition run of about 20 guitars, used these originals are going for US $7K+ if you find one.

I recently got a HH Fusion with a Wilkinson Trem. Honestly, for $300 shipped, it is amazing. Stainless steel frets, locking tuners, name brand trem, etc...
Wow man, what a deal!

SS frets and locking tuners are my #1 prerequisites for any guitar I buy these days. :rock:

I wouldn't assume this mate, but on-the-whole, you're probably-right.

I for instance have no cheap means of getting around and therefore walk everywhere. No Music stores anywhere near me, so for many years I've had to research my ass off and take the risk of buying "blind".

You are not alone mate. :thumbsup:
Oh, I thought you guys have a GC or SW shop in every town in there. I see now. That sucks.

I can't remember the last time I purchased music gear from a store; I usually buy new and used gear online. I've only returned one guitar because it was severely damaged during shipping. I try to do my research before buying, but online music stores usually have good return policies on new gear; I've also purchased several used guitars from these stores too, and they were as described, and I didn't return them.
Imagine paying shipping around half the world if I want to return something! So I guess people are quite lucky in the west.

Reactions: rsm
@thegame dude, how do you keep coming up with this stuff?

As I've always said, your timing and delivery are impeccable. Dare I say... virtuoso. :LOL:
Early on, I was diagnosed with chronic word vomit syndrome and due to the high concentration of similarly suffering verbal bulimics here, RT just became a comfortable bedpan. Over time, my aim has gotten quite good but sometimes there’s some unfortunate splashback.

Even 'though that's somewhat tongue-in-cheek, it makes sense brother.

I used to have the knack too, the gaft of the gib, so to speak, but I lost it after being kicked while-down metaphorically-speaking for the umpteenth time.

Major confidence-and-personality loss will do that to ya I guess. Hoping to get it back one day, but in the meantime at least I get to savour tidbits thrown my way by the likes of you. :LOL:

No HB, but I have a few Jacksons and Ibanez that were around $300 or less new, zero complaints: fit, finish, playability, sound, all very good, why I have several of them, and have sold a few of my more expensive guitars. I have more expensive Jackson and Ibanez, and the low end models compare well considering the price.

I even purchased a $300 knockoff guitar from a random shop on aliexpress, even though I've heard good and bad stories about the results. I was very impressed with what I received; especially since the original is a one-year, limited edition run of about 20 guitars, used these originals are going for US $7K+ if you find one.
I am the same way with Schecters, lol. Cant do the wide necks of Ibanez and Jackson. That is one thing I like about the HB Fusion. It has a narrower round neck.

Last year I bought the tools and learned how to fret level. Now pretty much all my cheap guitars play as well as my expensive guitars.

Even 'though that's somewhat tongue-in-cheek, it makes sense brother.

I used to have the knack too, the gaft of the gib, so to speak, but I lost it after being kicked while-down metaphorically-speaking for the umpteenth time.

Major confidence-and-personality loss will do that to ya I guess. Hoping to get it back one day, but in the meantime at least I get to savour tidbits thrown my way by the likes of you. :LOL:
Aw shucks...glad to be a metaphorical mother figure of sorts MM. But I have to draw the line at pulling ticks from your fur.

jane-goodall-05.jpg

Max is a good player, but every guitar he demo's sounds the exact same. He needs to do something about his recording setup.

Reactions: rsm
Back