Hamer Vector (import)

No truer words have been spoken. People are FINALLY realizing how badass US Hamers are.
People have always known. They've been through the roof since they closed shop, (namely the USA's). Somebody obviously bought the rights to use the brand, and have been making imports for the last 5 years or so. To me, an Indonesian guitar, is an Indonesian guitar, no matter what's on the headstock. People are nuts with their asking prices. People are asking over $1000 for imports that were $799 new.

On the flip side, I've seen ridiculously high prices on the USA's. Some have been on Reverb for 4 or 5 years. No bids, no sales. Namely the Korina V's and Standards. WAY up there.

I had a NICE USA doublecut, (Studio)? I paid $600 for it at a music store brand new back in about '98-'99. Beautiful flamed maple blue top with factory Duncan '59's, and wraparound tailpiece.

Last edited:
80's seems early to me as well. Can't really find much info. I think I'm going to snag it up anyway. It's a good price...and I know a guy who makes some killer pup's to swap in there as well....

No Hamer imports in the 80s. The first line they did was called the Slammer series if I recall correctly and I don’t remember seeing those until the early to mid 90s

Yeah there were definitely no Hamer imports until the 90's. The MIK models were quite good (early ones were marked with "Slammer Series" on the headstock; later ones simply said Hamer)

The later chinese-made XT models are nowhere near as good

Woulda coulda shoulda did...

438E5F92-4E6A-4145-9B6E-F7F475C4C4B8.jpeg

That V is GORGEOUS!
Thanks man...I’ve had it prob 10 years but it’s become my main gig rig in the last few months. If I’m not gonna use it, and this is the perfect opportunity, then why have it?

Also, that Korina Special was an insane score, shop actually forgot they had it, I called and the store owner answered and was bent after he realized it, wanted it gone and made me a an offer I couldn’t refuse. It’s been my primary player for a couple of years

Hamer USAs have always been severely underrated guitars. I stupidly traded away my main guitar for 17 yrs, a newly bought 1991 Iridescent Centaura. This was back in 2008/9. Had to have a Jackson Soloist. Cool guitar but I should have found a way to keep my Hamer. I did see it for sale on Reverb, out of Russia of all places in 2014...had the same exact patina mine did, with the lower horn dent from a gig in 92 where a drunk girl slid (in 1 inch of standing beer all across the dance floor lol) into my mic stand which hit the guitar and my mic popped me in the face. Lol

Hamer USAs have always been severely underrated guitars. I stupidly traded away my main guitar for 17 yrs, a newly bought 1991 Iridescent Centaura. This was back in 2008/9. Had to have a Jackson Soloist. Cool guitar but I should have found a way to keep my Hamer. I did see it for sale on Reverb, out of Russia of all places in 2014...had the same exact patina mine did, with the lower horn dent from a gig in 92 where a drunk girl slid (in 1 inch of standing beer all across the dance floor lol) into my mic stand which hit the guitar and my mic popped me in the face. Lol
I feel your pain. I gigged with a Hamer Custom Shop Studio in the mid 90s. Flame Koa, #1 of 9 and traded back to the guy I bought it from for a 1996 Les Paul Classic Gold Top because I really wanted a Les Paul again. Now, I still have the Les Paul, and it is my never get rid of guitar so from that standpoint I'm fine with it. But that Hamer was really special too and I cringe at thinking what it might be worth now. I was supposed to have first refusal if he ever got rid of it but that never happened. I saw it Ebay in 2005 and bid up to $1400 I think but still lost. Oh well....

I had a reverse headstock Diablo, in amber. Just a beautiful looking and playing guitar. Unfortunately I couldn't deal with the neck pickup placement. Had a reverse headstock Centaura with the bowling ball finish and again, amazing guitar and that one I shouldn't have let go.

Further one of the best guitars I ever played was the Californian. Was a great USA brand.

Back