Have you all seen this?

Billy Blades Isn't he the dude that was basically stealing everyone's mods and selling them on ebay? The amp does sound good

Where are all the haters?
I'm guilty of ragging on Billy along with a lot of others on here, but that amp sounds pretty damn good IMO.

Yep I think it sounds killer under a mic for sure... I would really like to hear one up close and personal...

I think the biggest issue that I remember is the terrible and dangerous build quality..someone bought one of his amps or had theirs modded by him and he took pics of the work...REALLY bad and dangerous according to one of the techs that frequent this board..he copied the Cameron mods and his amps get those tones from what I can tell...but the work is pretty scary.

I don't know about best amp in the world as I can achieve most all of those tones with amps I currently own... but I gotta say watching that clip makes me want to dime the amp wall and blaze away.

Oh Jeez! Not Billy Blades again! :doh: Bugera's build quality is better than this guys. Stay away!
...hey, where's the cupholder? :LOL: :LOL:

That video sounds good but it's so produced.

I've seen a few other videos of the Blades amps on YouTube. Not nearly as good sounding IMO without the slick production. Not something I personally would be interested in.

Build might still be suspect but it nailed an aweful lot of tones... don't forget the player was absolutely killer too which always helps. Very versatile to hit the characteristics of a lot of the guys he was copying. Amp still cosmetically looks ridiculous though. If anything, make me want to add in a condenser with a dynamic for a nice fat tone.

Kapo_Polenton":3vtep793 said:
Build might still be suspect but it nailed an aweful lot of tones... don't forget the player was absolutely killer too which always helps. Very versatile to hit the characteristics of a lot of the guys he was copying. Amp still cosmetically looks ridiculous though. If anything, make me want to add in a condenser with a dynamic for a nice fat tone.

I personally have my doubts about how many of those tones were actually coming from that amp.

Dude is a KILLER player for sure. But he is also a producer/engineer or so it seems. Tons of vids on youtube. All with excellent tone by the way. I refuse to believe there was no processing done on the Blades amp. Regardless, it tracks really well.

jlb32":1azrg7i5 said:
Kapo_Polenton":1azrg7i5 said:

I personally have my doubts about how many of those tones were actually coming from that amp.
I doubt that mike would lie just to benefit billy blades and pull a hoax on everyone. The amp did sound pretty good, but as others said about good production has a lot to do with it. Amp sounds great and price is nice but the amp still looks pretty ugly.

the recessed handle on the top leaves me scratching my head...how fugly is that! If blades were smart, he'd go to PCB to cut down on his sloppy wiring..

I would like to try the Venom.

This clip did sound great but I am more of a metal guy.

I would have to play one personally but for $1650 I would buy a used Bogner over this.

Back