Have you ever used an Eventide H969 Harmonizer?

Orville71

We want to hear from you! If you've ever used an Eventide #H969 Harmonizer, shoot us a DM or comment below with your favorite memory of the product. We're celebrating our 50th anniversary and are documenting our history. We'd love to hear from all our former and current users.

Attachments

• Have You Used H969.jpg
    Have You Used H969.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
I’ve never met a studio owner or sound producer that owns one in my lifetime. Many eventide units that came after it are just as iconic and not as risky to own as an investment when, not if, it needs massive overhauling and repairs. The same could be said for a competitor’s unit, the lexicon model 200. Insanely great sounding unit, insanely risky to own and operate. More museum piece than tool.

I don´t think I´ve ever seen one in a guitar rig outside of Lukather and Vai in the mid-late 80s, and I know Luke swapped it out real quick. It really came out a year or two too late to have a chance to gain some traction in that crowd. The SPX90 had two voices of (albeit vastly inferior) pitch shifting at that point and was at least good enough for doing detune and assorted other FX in touring racks at a fraction of the cost and in 1U, and the H3000 itself was just around the corner.

I don´t think I´ve ever seen one in a guitar rig outside of Lukather and Vai in the mid-late 80s, and I know Luke swapped it out real quick. It really came out a year or two too late to have a chance to gain some traction in that crowd. The SPX90 had two voices of (albeit vastly inferior) pitch shifting at that point and was at least good enough for doing detune and assorted other FX in touring racks at a fraction of the cost and in 1U, and the H3000 itself was just around the corner.
Thanks god the H3000 came out and RULED since then!
;-.))

Back