Help, i want to customize my Les Paul "Standard"

romanianreaper

Got a Classic years ago that I thought was a Standard. It is a 2013 and I've thrown a few stickers on it but want to just make it a Frankenstein. I want to get some better tuners for it (locking for quick string swaps? I hate changing strings)

I'm love to get some knobs, pickup rings, etc in weird colors. Also was thinking about sanding down the back of the neck. Is that stupid to do?

Just want to punk I up a bit. Thinking of taking off the pick guard or doing a weird one.

20210228_111017.jpg

I have a 2020 classic and I did a few mods that took it from being a great guitar to almost like I got a new guitar. Basically I put grover 502c locking tuners and suhr aldrich pickups. I also bought new gibson pickup rings which are taller on the bridge from a recommendation from Shea at monomyth.

Also my tech set it up like he does all my guitars which is lower on the string action than the stock. Only thing I feel like it needs at this point is ss frets but I'm in no rush for that. Maybe if it ever gets enough wear that I need a refret.

I already loved that guitar but now I pick it up as much as my mayones and aviator.

OT: I have the 6L6 combo and our knob settings are amazingly similar. The only change I really see is Presence. That must be pretty brite in the room.

I have a 2020 classic and I did a few mods that took it from being a great guitar to almost like I got a new guitar. Basically I put grover 502c locking tuners and suhr aldrich pickups. I also bought new gibson pickup rings which are taller on the bridge from a recommendation from Shea at monomyth.

Also my tech set it up like he does all my guitars which is lower on the string action than the stock. Only thing I feel like it needs at this point is ss frets but I'm in no rush for that. Maybe if it ever gets enough wear that I need a refret.

I already loved that guitar but now I pick it up as much as my mayones and aviator.
Oh man that sounds awesome dude! So are the tuners easy enough to change out on your own or have a tech do it?

If I didn't have 2nd Degree Blackbelts in it already, I would probably get an Aldrich

OT: I have the 6L6 combo and our knob settings are amazingly similar. The only change I really see is Presence. That must be pretty brite in the room.
Yeah I have noticed a big difference since I got my 6L6 head. I have the presence and Treble dropped more and mids up higher. That combo is eventually going to go up for sale because I gell in love with my 6l6 amp.

I had my tech do it but the reason I got these as they were supposed to be drop in without needing any additional holes

I don't have my guitar with me right now but I think they are the Gibson Deluxe ones
Gotcha. If they look like these, they will drop right on without any modifications and you won't have the extra hole on the top that will happen if you get Grovers. Kluson Revolution locking tuners. My favorite locking tuners. I have these on my Gibsons that have this type of mount. The others have Grover locking, and I feel the Kluson's are better. WD Music carries these.

https://www.wdmusic.com/kluson-3-pe...n-series-g-mount-tuning-machines-details.html

5144-4-row_on_white_so_edit3000_.jpg

Back